2002 Haus...Rob Torres ?

mo's72tii

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, rapandi said:

Rob has closed down and is no longer doing regular business. His phone line has been disconnected too. 

Sad to read this.  Maybe he is just taking a breather from being a long time business owner.   I know first hand (from my wife's former business) that it takes all your time from doing a little "living" and can wear you out.

If he has shut down, that's too bad.  I hope everything is OK with him.  My one interaction with him gave me hope for humanity.

I was looking for someone to converse with in order to get dimension for tii air cleaner brackets, so I could make some (I have a plasma table) and share the design with the rest (PM me if you need some).  He sent me a set on his dime.  Didn't even accept my paypal for the shipping costs (to Canada).

Once again, I hope everything is OK.  And Rob, if you're reading this, thank you. You're what the world needs more of.

Allan

2 minutes ago, xferboy said:

If he has shut down, that's too bad.  I hope everything is OK with him.  My one interaction with him gave me hope for humanity.

I was looking for someone to converse with in order to get dimension for tii air cleaner brackets, so I could make some (I have a plasma table) and share the design with the rest (PM me if you need some).  He sent me a set on his dime.  Didn't even accept my paypal for the shipping costs (to Canada).

Once again, I hope everything is OK.  And Rob, if you're reading this, thank you. You're what the world needs more of.

Allan

You know it's really nice you shared this about him. I have had a few conversations with him via email and I am yet to meet someone so down to earth and genuine as Rob. 

I was was looking for various small items for my tii. He came to know about it somehow through my postings here in the FAQ and he sent me everything I wanted at his own cost. From the US to Aus. I was really very moved. 

I wonder hiw how many other people he has helped on this forum and not wanted any acknowledgement for it. 

I have nothing but best best wishes and the warmest regards for him. I pray all is well with him. 

Many (including myself).  I was having a lot of trouble "re-aquiring" a rare part to my Schnitzer engine, he offered to drive up from SLO to Salinas to retrieve it for me.  It ended up working out, very thoughtful offer I very much appreciated.  Very few givers out there in our world these days.  Lots and lots of takers.