Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

I finally got spark, but won't start

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

I finally got my spark. I had reversed the condenser and temp sensor wires. Whew. Still I can't get the car started. I have fuel, electric pump. I have a .016 gap on my points, and set my distributor @ TDC with the valve cover gasket off. I don't have any vaccuum set up because I've got 40 DCOE's. Any ideas?

Guest Anonymous

spins, try some starting fluid or a little gas to see if this makes a difference if it does you have a fuel problem, lack off.

Guest Anonymous

It definately has fuel. It sounds like it's backfiring in the carbs every once in a while, but it doesn't make it want to turn over. I'm trying to charge my battery all the way up again and give it some time to deflood.

Guest Anonymous

started, did the starting fluid trick. So I tought my fuel pump was going out. I did a low buck, test I sucked on the fuel line still no fuel, well the fuel filter had a small crack so this didnt let the pump create enough vacuum to get the gas up to the carb, replaced the filter and bam running car.

Guest Anonymous

to timming.

Guest Anonymous

may be from trying to start for so long without correct spark

good luck

bob

Guest Anonymous

Double check to make sure your timing is correct and the wires are correct. It will only fire if there is fuel and spark at the right time!

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)