• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YOU ASKED FOR IT ..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2438837573&category=33690

I TEST MARKETED MY FIRST ONE WRENCH DIZZY CLAMP

ON E-BAY LAST WEEK AND IT WAS A SUCCESS .

SOMEONE ON THIS BOARD COMPLAINED ABOUT THE 10 DAY AUCTION

SO I AM SELLING THE NEXT ONE IN 5 DAYS .

I AM REFINING MY MANUFACTRING PROCESS NOW SO I WILL

BE ABLE TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT COSTS TO MAKE ONE .

I WILL BE SELLING THEM OFF E-BAY .

Guest Anonymous

It might only take one wrench to tighten, but it will corrode

shut and you'll need an air gun to release it (OK, only one air

gun, but still)

Hugo

Guest Anonymous

Fed up with years of needing two wrenches, last summer I had a friend weld a U shaped piece of scrap to a spare distributor bolt. Not as pretty as yours but gets it done. Good work RS!

Guest Anonymous

OR THE OTHER WAY AROUND ? STAINLESS IS NOT BATTERY ACID .

ANYTIME A FREEOUS METAL IS IN DIRECT CONTACT WITH ALUMINUM ,

IT SETS UP AN ELECTROLISYS . THIS IS A VERY SLOW PROCESS THAT CAN

CAUSE THEM TO SEIZE .) THAT IS WHY STEEL LUGNUTS CAN SEIZE IN ALLOY WHEELS )IT TAKES YEARS .

IT DOESN'T MATTER HERE - ONLY THE ANTI TWISTY CAP ON

THIS BOLT IS STAINLESS THE REST IS PLATED STEEL .

THE SAME AS BMW USED IN THE FIRST PLACE .

Guest Anonymous

Both SS and alloy are not corrosion-free, they corrode like hell, actually. Fortunately, the oxides on SS and alloy are not penetrable for more oxigen, so once there is a closed layer on the top the corroding stops. Unlike steel, which creates a penetrable oxide on top which allows more oxigen to enter deeper into the material.

Now for the Alloy and SS combo. When you connect these two, the oxide-layer that forms on them becomes one layer, connected to both the alloy and the SS. They don't get their own layer each. Hence, break out the heavy machinery to take them apart again.

Regards,

Hugo