mike

European Cooler Air--still in business?

5 posts / 1147 viewsLast Reply

Does anyone know if European Cooler Air is still in business?  They are (or were) located in Rockwall, TX, and made air conditioning kits for our 2002s.  The console looked like a cross between a Behr and  Frigiking, and was designed to work either with R12 or R134 refrigerant.  

Or does anyone know of another company who is currently making an A/C kit for 2002s?

TIA

mike

Ice ac control panel is pretty ugly but if you have a Behr console I am sure Mike can retrofit this kit inside.

The ICEAC system is a knock-off of the Clardy system; the principal installed a LOT of Clardy systems in the '70s! The system is intended for R134 use.

I bought an ICEAC system, with the exception of the evaporator/blower, to "update" my original Clardy system. I was a little underwhelmed by the system as the condenser they supplied was neither a parallel-flow type nor larger than my original 1976 R12 condenser. I decided to stick with R12, freshened up my original components, swapped my York reciprocating compressor for a rotary Sanyo, and returned the ICEAC system un-used.

But I have not heard anything bad about the ICEAC system. It simply didn't fit my particular facts as well as the original system.

Regards,

Steve

Though I have no experience in AC in a 2002 my parts car does have all the parts to install the Frigiking system.  That of course is not my focus and who knows, I might never get to that point in my car.  That said, I have a Vanagon/Westy that are notorious for inferior AC systems.  In trying to get some kind of cool going inside of that I used

http://www.redtek.com/home.html

It maybe just my imagination but it did seem to be the coldest that system ever functioned.  Of course I had installed a new compressor, receiver/dryer and cleaned the system.  Just a little FYI

Larry