• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speed TV and NASCRAP

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I posted this on my Subaru WRX club site and I thought I'd post it

here too

OK. It's time for my monthly rant on Speed Tv. I hope to ask

everyone on this board to please send a responce to http://

www.speedtv.com/feedback/ and let them know that we like to

see WRC and other cool stuff that doesn't involve so much of the

nascrap that they keep showing. That's the best way I can ask

and not use any swears and derogatory terms about doublewide

trailers.

john

Guest Anonymous

I have to admit, the programing is better than I expected, with the addition of all the Nascar programming, but Speed Channel will "never" be the same as it used to be as "Speedvision"...There was a sort of nostalgic and very cool way it "used to be", if you know what I mean. It has sort of been "tarnished" with the current programming.

I, for one, like Nascar (in principal), however I have to admit, it was "better in the old days" too, as Richard Petty said "when they used to let you RACE!!!!!"

They still show WRC, Legends of Motorsport, Boat Racing, etc. in addition to the staples (Grand Prix, Cart, etc.), but it seems that every time I turn the tv on it's something "Nascar" - related!

There have been some good additions like Dave Despain's "Wind Tunnel" program.

Fewer commercials and infomercials would be nice too...seems they are getting more frequent.

Lets hope for further improvements.

John

Guest Anonymous

For every person asking for more (anything but NASCRAP) there is 1000 people begging for more round table discussions from folks that can barely speak basic english. Just so they can hear their hero's who drive the same car as they do...spew so nonsense out about some boring ass race...hick hick

My favorate is NASCAR Tech TV...WTF isnt that a contradiction in terms.

Guest Anonymous

Seems like ever since FOX took the wheel,

NASCAR and stock car related shows dominate

their lineup. I would love to see more rallying too

including some of the ranks that are under WRC.

Hell, let's see stuff like kart racing, etc. My favorite

shows have always been Legends of Motorsports,

and Motorsport Mundial.

Speaking as someone that lives in the NASCAR

belt, I'm really tired of it.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i have speed on all the time when i am home and try to tape alms/sports car stuff when gone. missed whole petit le mans: anone send me a tape....plz>???? anyway- i will write to them and beg for more Legends, Sports car coverage, anything but the endless Nascar programming( and i do watch the races- i just dont give a hoot what junior has in his fridge). I suspect Nascar pays a whole bunch of money to the channel for the access. Now that F1 is done, CART is at the end, it is going to be tough.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i have speed on all the time when i am home and try to tape alms/sports car stuff when gone. missed whole petit le mans: anone send me a tape....plz>???? anyway- i will write to them and beg for more Legends, Sports car coverage, anything but the endless Nascar programming( and i do watch the races- i just dont give a hoot what junior has in his fridge). I suspect Nascar pays a whole bunch of money to the channel for the access. Now that F1 is done, CART is at the end, it is going to be tough.

Guest Anonymous

There is enough NASCAR on regular tv, I don't need to see so much of it on Speed too.

I like the ALMS and Touring cars myself.

Guest Anonymous

Like John, I like NASCAR. You have to take it for what it is. The rules make the teams rather close, you don't have the runaway in points and "formation flying" like F1. There are other great venues, like WRC, ALM and ASA, but NASCAR is a show.

It's probably worth while writing to the network. If you don't there is no doubt they will continue to respond to those who do.

Guest Anonymous

love it or hate it, nascar is by far the most popular motorsports series in the us. it makes sense that there is a channel focused on it. i, for one, am grateful for a channel like speed. i can watch motorcycle racing, rally, sports car, australian, english, german, and us touring car series, formula one, and just about every other racing series out there. some of my favorite programming on speed is some of the lowest rated, but they still dedicate hundreds of thousands of dollars to showing it every season. can't you guys just appreciate that fact that you have access to this programming? so freakin what if there isn't 25 hours of world rally on speed every week. i'd get tired of rally if it was on that much. the fact is, speed is a commercial network trying to make money. the only way they can do this is to be nascar-centric, which is ok by me as long as they show my motorcycle racing and the other shows i like. basically, less nascar does not equal more rally or formula one. these series just don't bring in the ratings, and you aren't going to convince nascar fans that nascar sucks and the only racing worth watching are european racing series that they could care less about. personally, i think speed is better that speedvision. speedvision has a lot of pure crap shows. remember ship shape tv? they cut out a lot of fat when fox bought the network.

i love motorsports more than just about anyone, and i thank my cable company every sunday morning when i sit down for motogp or world superbike.

Guest Anonymous

streak.jpg

to call it the NASCAR channel, so you're lucky to get Indy-type, road-racing, rally and historic races/racing at all. I dislike NASCAR other than on a road-course, where it's road-racing anyway. Formula 1 wasn't on tv on a regular basis until the Dallas GP in 1984, until then all you had was the Monaco GP once a year on ABC. Even F1 is polluted by the money and the NASCAR entertainment syndrome these days. The fastest car is not rewarded anymore for the sake of entertainment in F1 qualifying, and they have a new qualifying structure next year and Friday is now just a practice day. The cars themselves are not as good in the past as innovation is stifled and conformity rewarded. In NASCAR the cars have lost any meaning at all to the average fan and the cult of personality has taken over. The best F1 cars covered about a 13-year period from 1970 to 1983, with technical innovations like ground-effects, turbos, six-wheelers and the Brabham BT46 fan-car (not the same principle as the Chapparal 2J sucker-ca

Guest Anonymous

"The squeeky wheel gets the grease".

And she didn't even like cars that much. :D

You make some good points I think (esp about the $$$ aspect and at least having *something* on), but letting them know that we like the other shows is a good idea too I think.

Until I got Speed this year, I really didn't watch ANY racing on TV. But now I am learning more about ALMS, CART, Touring, WRC, etc.