Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Eye Candy from, the post below(nt)

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

If I had to venture a guess, I would say this is Marcus Glarner's 3.0 CSL. Beacause the M49 factory motors are so rare (expensive to repair), most guys take them out and transplant an M5 engine. Looks like a nicely modified M5 with kugelfisher injection and multiple butterflies (or slide throttle-can't tell for sure)

Guest Anonymous

And it seems to be an e9 or e3 body judging from the engine bay. And I know -- KNOW-- Alpina used the Kfish for those cars in a six throttle system like that.

Guest Anonymous

i used to work for the guy so i know all his stash of parts and cars. all i know is his m10 shrick slide throttle setup injection setup has my name on it.

Guest Anonymous

CSL.jpg

that is Marcus Glarner's CSL - here is another shot of it...

Guest Anonymous

My beloved Verona tii is in Marcus' shop, awaiting his magic.

jim s

Guest Anonymous

Yes, you are right, Alpina did make a multi butterfly assmbley for 3.0 CS/CSL, which was nearly identical to those A4 systsms only one additional butterfly assembly and accordingly hardware for syncronizing 6 butteflys, Alpina (early) manifolds, air box and Kugel 6 cyl pump. Glarners car I believe is a hopped up M5 with its OEM throttle assembly and refabricated air horns with Kugel 6 banger. Sounds like a few people are working with him and would know for sure (my guess is based on what I see in the pic's). I have heard really good things about him, unfortunately for me here in California he is in a geographically undestireable area (if you know what I mean). I wish I was closer. Not many people around that know their way around M1 motors.

Guest Anonymous

That gave me a chub.

~Vroomer