Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Is the Super Sprint exhaust system really $500+ better than

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

but you can get the muffler section for a little more than half the cost of BMP from Korman's. I went with the Ansa center section. After my engine gets rebuilt, I'll be sure to post about it.

Guest Anonymous

sedonasm.jpg

Ive only had it for a couple months or so, but i love the thing. The sound on it is much better than the ansa in my opinion. it has a nice subtle sound that isnt at all ricy, yet the ansa to me sounds more on the ricy side and is alot louder. Ive also heard from many people that the ansa rusts out really quickly (even from a mechanic here in AZ where we dont rust :P )

Guest Anonymous

i can buy a bunch of other stuff with the savings, even if it needs replacement in a couple of years. Have not driven a Supersprint-muffled 2002, but the systems they make for 5-series are substantially LOUDER than stock or Ansa.

Guest Anonymous

look at the Turbo resonator+muffler. I think I paid about $535 for mine.

Big assed pipe (66 mm).

John N

Guest Anonymous

On my 72 I have a bosal mid pipe. That wasn't big dough but cannot remember or find that particular receipt. I bought the SS Muffler from I think it was Performance products (?) out of Glastonbury CT. They are a regular Roundel advertiser. I think the muffler was $215. Mis-matched but fit up fine and sound real nice