Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

Three questions--helping a new '02 owner who...

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

recently bought a very nice Sahara 75 from Alabama.

It has a 32DRS Weber on it....looks like a 32/36 but accel pump is on the opposite side and the manual choke cable comes out the carb's left side (towards the brake fluid reservoir) vs out the back side pointing towards the firewall. What the heck is this thing? What's it go to?

Second question: it periodically pops out of reverse gear while being backed up. Only reverse, not any forward gear. Never had this happen on an '02...any thoughts?

Another unique situation. Sometimes, but not always, the hazard switch blinks in synch with the turn signal repeater lamp in the instrument cluster. Anyone run across this? Doesn't seem to affect turn signal or flasher operation...just looks a little odd.

Thoughts and ideas appreciated...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

does exactly that on one of my 02s. I suspect it's a switch malfunction, but I haven't been able to prove it. When on, the haz switch should connect together four circuits: the left lights, the right lights, the flasher relay, and the haz switch light. (It also switches the flasher power from ignition to battery). When it works as you describe with the switch off, I suspect the switch is connecting its light to one of the other circuits. It might be due to a sloppy detent finger or trails of contact material inside the switch.

Guest Anonymous

another switch and see if the problem goes away.

Mike