1982 Alfa Romeo Spider seats into my 2002

LimeySteve

A few weeks ago my son bought a nice but totaled Alfa Romeo , we are putting all the running gear in a 1927 Ford Model T . I hijacked the blue leather seats . A simple pair of adapters & in they went, they are 10 pounds lighter than my old BMW buckets , slimmer so I can sit a bit more central & I lowered my center of gravity about 3" down from where I was sitting, they recline & tilt forward for rear access.I dig 'em so much softer leather than my old seats.

post-38806-0-00559800-1421532550_thumb.j

post-38806-0-63894500-1421532620_thumb.j

The adapters are strap steel 1/8 x 2 across , tabs welded to the front ones then bolt into the BMW floor I actually welded them on the pass seat then bolted them into the stock mounting holes , using the Alfa sliders.

We still have the Alfa Ferrari style 5 spoke wheels & I can get adapters for them, the offset will work even with a 1.250 thick adapter , tempted for James' car for when it's fixed & we sell it . Those Italians & their crazy wheels , I love 'em.

5m70reH.jpg

Here you go , mock up so we can design the chassis , messy as we do it after hours, I'm getting the track nose with Kurtis grill tomorrow .He is going to run XK140 16" wire wheels proper knock offs , I'll adapt them to the Alfa rear axle , we are using radiator to gas tank , shortened driveshaft , 5 speed , will be a great car.

I want Alfa TZ wheels on my 1600....but those crazy Italians went with either a 4X98 or a 4X108 bolt pattern. Damn them.

Alloy rims can be re-drilled to 4x100; you just need to have the right offset for an '02 and a center bore of at least 52.1mm. I've even had magnesium alloy (Elektron) Campagnolo rims re-drilled from 4x98 to 4x100. So dream big!

Regards,

Steve

5m70reH.jpg

Here you go , mock up so we can design the chassis , messy as we do it after hours, I'm getting the track nose with Kurtis grill tomorrow .He is going to run XK140 16" wire wheels proper knock offs , I'll adapt them to the Alfa rear axle , we are using radiator to gas tank , shortened driveshaft , 5 speed , will be a great car.

Watch out for that low-slung oil pan!

Archived