Weber 40 DFAV Carburetor

Price:: 350.00

Gents,

I have here a nice example of a rare Weber 40 DFAV carb. 

This carb was recently rebuilt by the previous owner, who is a well-regarded member of the FAQ. I purchased it to run it, but came into a 38/38 DGAS that was set up for my specs, so I never got around to running this carb. I do know that it is currently jetted for altitude, but seeing as this carb shares its jets with the popular 38/38, parts for this carb are still available, with Pierce Manifolds being a good, current source.

Current Jetting Specs: 

ovFvl8d.jpg?2

This is the same carb that Metric Mechanic swore by with all their engine builds, before Weber discontinued them. If you are curious to know the benefits and output of this carb, give Jim Rowe over at Metric Mechanic a call. He's a wealth of knowledge on these carbs, as are a few members here. 

Here are a few photos for your reference: 

v9yin2m.jpg?1

wSxGF7j.jpg?2

eY5FtXw.jpg?1

kmuZ1Ad.jpg?1

Anyways, I don't expect this carb to be for sale for too long. These pop up so infrequently, and for good reason. People seem to use them and keep them for themselves. 

Buyer pays for shipping as well. I can't imagine it being more than $30 to anywhere in the continental US. 

Thank you for looking! 

Best,

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived