Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

What MIG welder do YOOOU have?

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

staring to try it out..with dad's help of course :-) I wanna get a TIG machine someday soon.

Guest Anonymous

will_nose.jpg

URL: http://www.2002tii-restoration.org

It's a good machine, haven't had any trouble with it. I like having both continuosly variable voltage and wire speed controls. Many low-end machines don't have this feature. I think it's worth paying a little more to get the extra flexibilty.

Martin

'73tii

Guest Anonymous

The only two things that I don't like are that the spring is not stiff enough on the trigger - with thick gloves on you can't really feel if you are clicking it or not.

Also, it needs a little hook on the handle so that you can hook it to the side of the table without the tip touching anything. That way, if the welder is left on and you happen to press the button, you won't blind yourself when you set it down for a second.

Those are two trivial complaints though - other than that I love it.

Guest Anonymous

because the wire drive mech./wheel is metal ratehr than the Lincoln's plastic. Performance between the two is probably impossible to tell one from the other. The Hobart 135 is also a good machine and less costly. Hobart is owned by Miller. I woulld ask what the differences are between the two.

Guest Anonymous

works real good, not too expensive.

Guest Anonymous

....I wouldn't buy again-get a Lincoln or Miller.

Guest Anonymous

So far it's suited my lawn sculpture needs....and will soon see REAL service repairing the small rust areas on my impending microbus purchase.

MIGS are a BLAST!!!!....but wear pants and long sleeves....avoid sun burn from the arc!

Paul

Guest Anonymous

So far it's suited my lawn sculpture needs....and will soon see REAL service repairing the small rust areas on my impending microbus purchase.

MIGS are a BLAST!!!!....but wear pants and long sleeves....avoid sun burn from the arc!

Paul