Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

No BLinkers!

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

The blinkers on my 76 '02 have recently stopped working. could it be the relay? My Hazard Flasher Switch doesnt work either. i think it has something to do with the relay to the Hazard Flasher Switch. Is this a common problem with the 2002?

Guest Anonymous

...even if they're not blown they can have corrosion that prevents them from working. Replace fuses if dirty or at least clean them off.

Guest Anonymous

hot wire feed from a terminal on the 4 way flasher switch, so when both are out that would be a good guess. Second thing to check would be the flasher relay itself. Best way is to substitute one from a friend's car. Bad flasher units can sometimes be fixed--open it up and look inside for something obvious, like stuck relay points or a fried resistor...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

if the fuses are okay...it is pretty common for the hazard switch to go out...the signals go through them and if the switch is bad the signals won't work

Guest Anonymous

Turn the key to the ignition position (Fahrt).

Flip the turn signal swith to left or right.

Slowly move the hazard switch button in and out through its full range of motion.

If the signals work for some positions of the hazard switch but not for the 'off' position, the hazard switch is bad.