Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anonymous

OT: engine swaps....whadya done?

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Guest Anonymous

Me and my 'crew' are contemplating our next 'why do you want to do that' engine swap. I have that '77 Civic Station Wagon, and my brother has a JDM b16 engine...which would be kinda cool, 160hp or so, revs to 9 grand or so (I think). All in a crap brown wagon the size of a Tonka truck. We were also thinking about putting a V8 into a Chevette...its been done a lot, so it shouldn't be that hard or take too much work....best of all, it would be pretty cheap.

any other ideas? We want something that, when people realize what is under the hood, will say something to the effect of 'what the hell is wrong with you guys?', or maybe even 'you guys are idiots, why would anyone wnat to do that'.

Plus cheap. Cheap is good. So no Rover engines, and we also we don't wanna do rotary (just because)

I live for that shit :)

Matt

'72 02/m20

Guest Anonymous

I'd prefer you swap it into my civic instead!

Guest Anonymous

i'd buy that for a dollar!

... put two m10's in line and make a inline 8...

slight mods needed at firewall end. : )

make a 4 wheel drive 02.

make a station wagon 02. yeah, it's been done, but do it again.

convert an m10 motor to honda prestodigimagic fuel injection.

no matter what you do, take the ol brow civic and put wood grain shelf paper down the sides (or wood grain rally stripes)

above all else, have fun.

Guest Anonymous

... put two m10's in line and make a inline 8...

slight mods needed at firewall end. : )

You know, I've thought about that before... I have two extra engines that are doing nothing and I've thought about how cool it would be to weld up some kind of go-cart type thing with two engines.

Go a step further... behind the two engines, put two transmissions - but put one in the wrong direction. You would have a nice 16-speed selection of gear ratios - 4:1 to 1:4 (but some would be the same). Think of how fast that gocart would go....

-Ben

Guest Anonymous

mating two four cylinder blocks together--cam drive was between the two blocks! Went like stink, tho...

Mike

Guest Anonymous

to make v12 blocks. 610 cu. No horsepower but unstoppable lowend. and really great gas milage (cough)

Guest Anonymous

that did a sim. project... ungodly hp/tq... 5 foot long motors... wheee.... that's worth setting your seat back... : )

Guest Anonymous

b16 in a civic wagon>> pretty good swap (little to no fabrication). you're gonna have to source some axles and other things though. I had a b16 in my civic hb. VERY fun to drive (although not the fastest car on my block -kinda like my '02:). I've even put a 2.2ltr prelude motor into an older hb 13.4 .25 mile on street tires.

http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/4gtech.html#B16A1

sr20 swap into a 510>> (kits available or diy) omg, aluminum alloy engine 205hp

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~shoeman/

here's a bunch of misc. swaps

http://britishv8.org/swaps/examples.htm