Suspension / wheel and tire set up help

Angiebillw

I need help setting up my 1976 2002. I am in process of building my car and will be turning my attention to the suspension/wheel and tire set up in a few weeks. I would like to hear back about what set ups other people have used. I would like to run 15x8 wheels at all 4 corners. I also would like to lower the car a inch or so if possible. The car will be a street car. In is a GM v-8 with ford t-5 and ford 8.8 Irs rear end. The front and rear suspension are going to remain BMW. Any help with what will and won't work is greatly anticipated. I am considering running Diamond Racing steel wheels. They are cheap.

post-46375-0-96206300-1419779890_thumb.j

15 x 8 and lowered on a 2002 will be tough to do unless you plan on doing Turbo flares or ALOT of rolling the wheel arches and even then it may be too much wheel and tire.  The rears may be doable, theres more room in the back.  15x7 et 25 are the best fit sizes for the 2002.  If you go 8" with a higher offset to fit the extra inch the wheel will hit the strut and suspension on the car, if you use a lower offset, then wheels will stick out and rub on a lowered car.

Archived