Need tii brake booster or other solution for weber carb air cleaners

That was fast! I looked for some curved tubes, but was looking at weber and redline sites and came up empty. That would be the easiest solution, as I  could easily fab my own box/cleaner setup. Thanks for the tip.

I'll check out that link provided in the second reply, also. Thanks, guys!

By the way, I'm in Northern Nevada for any shipping estimates or whatnot.

Forgot to add: I'm currently using a Warneford intake manifold. I'm sure you can tell I'm kinda new to the whole 02 thing. I rescued my 71 from a field that it sat in for a few years. Dragged it home and had it running pretty quick and been doing little tweaks slowly ever since. Because of where I live, the air filter issue has worked its way to top priority. I don't drive it too awful much, but I'm running open stacks and its pretty dusty around here. Not a good idea.

It looks like the Ireland intake is a little shorter and that might give just enough clearance to stick a couple 1 3/4" filter on, or rig up a box for a big oval 1 piece.  Anybody got a cheap used Ireland intake for sale? :D The curved pipes are cool too, but might not leave enough room for a filter under the hood. Only saw one length.

I came up with an idea something like Stuff did (but not nearly as sano) but couldn't quite source the material. With something like that, I found out by sheer dumb luck, a Nissan 280ZX filter would be nearly perfect! It would work now if it was 1/2" thinner.

Looking forward to hearing back about that hose you used.

Hey, Stuff!

What can you tell me about that silicon hose you used in your build?

Very cheap silicone hose from Amazon! The vendor was "auto dynasty", 45deg bend, 2" ID.

Before I went ITBs, I had dual DCOEs and I consider these SuperSprint curved runners which are popular with the Alfa crowd for the same reason:

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfa-romeo-parts-sale-wanted/159012-fs-supersprint-curved-ram-pipe-air-cleaners.html

They are still featured in the SuperSprint parts catalogue.

I have a used air cleaner setup, ITG I believe. Large one piece oval with foam face that Dzus's on with thumb knobs. Can send you/post a pic if you like. I think it will clear a standard booster. Will check. Another option would be UNI filters, foam socks which are clamped onto velocity stacks. Not much loss in air flow, good street car option. Shorter intake manifold has its drawbacks.

It looks like the Ireland intake is a little shorter and that might give just enough clearance to stick a couple 1 3/4" filter on, or rig up a box for a big oval 1 piece.  Anybody got a cheap used Ireland intake for sale? :D The curved pipes are cool too, but might not leave enough room for a filter under the hood. Only saw one length.

No "might fit" about it, this issue was part of the design process when IE made them.  Same goes for the curved stacks, made specifically for the 2002 running sock filters and stock hood, no ambiguity.

Archived