winter shoes and a 1000 mile blast

NickVyse

Dear Nick, people often speak of how important it is to live in the moment, and celebrate each day in a Zen like fashion. I often think of how we all create our own reality, most of what happens to you in life is between you and you. That being said, when I think of lifes potentialities, your choice to live in the south of France, always impacts me. I have driven from the Dordogne region in France north to Paris, then through the Chunnel into England. One time in a Peugeot rental car I followed a Bentley up the freeway at over 120 miles an hour, it was a tremendous pleasure . Here in America the traffic laws are rather annoyingly strict, there was a recent post on the O2 site about an individual who was given a ticket for going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit through a  village, which was recorded on camera. 

I sometimes think about shipping one of my sports cars to Europe, and just driving around for a month, and how much fun that would be. You are so lucky to live in a gorgeous part of the world, and drive your beautiful NK.    Allow me to correct myself, you are not lucky but you have chosen well.

I often travel to Europe, because the American culture is so controlled by fear, fear of attorneys, which permeates the entire atmosphere and culture. You could never go running with the bulls in the United States, the attorneys would never allow it.  European culture has so many joys, which we Americans sometimes appreciate.  

My dream used to be that I would leave a old Porsche 911, in Prague, at my girlfriend's parents house. I thought we could then drive around Europe for several months, preferably in the summer, every year. I can think of nothing nicer than  driving through France, Germany, Italy and other parts of Europe, including the Nordic countries exploring small pubs, eating celebrated local foods, talking with people, and being a citizen of the world. I have managed to visit Europe several times every year, but it is never the same driving a rented econobox, versus a soulful old sports car.

Tragically I fear that western  civilization, and the culture of old BMWs and porsches, celebrated European foods, and traditional Western civilization  are dying out. Population growth factors will rule out, because most European countries are only replacing at a rate of 1.2, and a birth rate of less than two results in a culture dying after one or two generations, which gives Europe only another 20 years or so. My only hope is that the Muslims, which are reproducing at a rate of 4.0, will not tear down all the old churches, BMW factories, and other aspects of Western culture which I have celebrated. The dynamiting and explosion of several historical Buddhas, which were several stories tall, does not, however mitigate well for respect of ancient /different cultures.  I apologize, I did not mean to go to a politically correct, culturally insensitive area. I merely feel that we should celebrate every day of Western civilization and the joy that it brings to us, only because religious zealots on one hand, and politically correct hypersensitive liberals, would make you feel guilty for all that testosterone driven old white male  culture.  Art, food that is magically delicious beyond belief, old sports cars that thrill your soul, and these other luxuries are I fear relics of my particular age. Yes I feel like a fossil, a strange dinosaur with no shame in celebrating European women, food and driving old sports cars. Keep up the good work, it doesn't count for anything, but I am proud of you. Sincerely, Peter

post-39399-0-40110700-1417901236_thumb.j

post-39399-0-54710100-1417901348_thumb.j

post-39399-0-69142200-1417902001_thumb.j

Dear Nick, people often speak of how important it is to live in the moment, and celebrate each day in a Zen like fashion. I often think of how we all create our own reality, most of what happens to you in life is between you and you. That being said, when I think of lifes potentialities, your choice to live in the south of France, always impacts me. I have driven from the Dordogne region in France north to Paris, then through the Chunnel into England. One time in a Peugeot rental car I followed a Bentley up the freeway at over 120 miles an hour, it was a tremendous pleasure . Here in America the traffic laws are rather annoyingly strict, there was a recent post on the O2 site about an individual who was given a ticket for going 10 miles an hour over the speed limit through a  village, which was recorded on camera. 

I sometimes think about shipping one of my sports cars to Europe, and just driving around for a month, and how much fun that would be. You are so lucky to live in a gorgeous part of the world, and drive your beautiful NK.    Allow me to correct myself, you are not lucky but you have chosen well.

I often travel to Europe, because the American culture is so controlled by fear, fear of attorneys, which permeates the entire atmosphere and culture. You could never go running with the bulls in the United States, the attorneys would never allow it.  European culture has so many joys, which we Americans sometimes appreciate.  

My dream used to be that I would leave a old Porsche 911, in Prague, at my girlfriend's parents house. I thought we could then drive around Europe for several months, preferably in the summer, every year. I can think of nothing nicer than  driving through France, Germany, Italy and other parts of Europe, including the Nordic countries exploring small pubs, eating celebrated local foods, talking with people, and being a citizen of the world. I have managed to visit Europe several times every year, but it is never the same driving a rented econobox, versus a soulful old sports car.

Tragically I fear that western  civilization, and the culture of old BMWs and porsches, celebrated European foods, and traditional Western civilization  are dying out. Population growth factors will rule out, because most European countries are only replacing at a rate of 1.2, and a birth rate of less than two results in a culture dying after one or two generations, which gives Europe only another 20 years or so. My only hope is that the Muslims, which are reproducing at a rate of 4.0, will not tear down all the old churches, BMW factories, and other aspects of Western culture which I have celebrated. The dynamiting and explosion of several historical Buddhas, which were several stories tall, does not, however mitigate well for respect of ancient /different cultures.  I apologize, I did not mean to go to a politically correct, culturally insensitive area. I merely feel that we should celebrate every day of Western civilization and the joy that it brings to us, only because religious zealots on one hand, and politically correct hypersensitive liberals, would make you feel guilty for all that testosterone driven old white male  culture.  Art, food that is magically delicious beyond belief, old sports cars that thrill your soul, and these other luxuries are I fear relics of my particular age. Yes I feel like a fossil, a strange dinosaur with no shame in celebrating European women, food and driving old sports cars. Keep up the good work, it doesn't count for anything, but I am proud of you. Sincerely, Peter

how on earth did you extrapolate the plot to the next tom cruise movie from the fact I bought some new tyres? anyway, as a muslim I will try and resist the urge to dynamite my own car as well as my infidel full english breakfast.

Archived