• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone have a list of suspension bushings to replace?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thinking of going through the whole suspension and replacing the rubber stuff. Probably with stock rubber, but if there's areas where other material is better for a street car, let me know. Is there a material in between rubber and poly? (When I did the alternator, there were stock rubber bushings, hard red polyurethane, and a mid-level material that was black (Bosch-made, I think).)

Thanks,

'76 Sahara

Guest Anonymous

www.gruntsbushings.com. First set was lost in the mail, but he made good and sent me another set from Australia.

Bushings I used:

Gruntsbushings--control arm to subframe(2), radial arm to front subframe(2), radial arm to control arm(2), and front sway bar end link bushings(2).

Stock/OEM from Maximillian's: rear cross-member bushings (2 big ones on ends)

Rear trailing arm bushings (4)

Rear sway bar end links with bushings (2).

I found a used diff hanger bracket with decent bushings that was useable, mine was shot.

Also replaced tranny mount, engine mounts (left and right), ball joints, rear spring seats.

Wow what a difference!!!

Guest Anonymous

I believe CNPR sells/used to sell a set of grey or black bushings that are graphite impregnated polyeurathane (softer than hard red). I have hard reds all around (except diff bushings), and have no issues with them. You're welcome to cruise on over to the big D and try out the hard reds in my tii some time.

Guest Anonymous

I drilled them all like swiss cheese and pushed them out by hand, sometimes using a scredriver and mallet to get them started. I've done bushings a few times before, and built a bushing extracter from allthread washers and nuts, but the swiss cheese method is easier.