Possible scam?

Honolulu

Was contacted today by a new member, zero post history, supposedly in LA, to do a PPI here in Honolulu.  Although he wouldn't know it I have done PPI on a couple cars.

This contact seems odd since I've been off the list or almost completely off the list for the last year.  All that's valid is my location (there's a nice looking roundie on the local craigslist but the price is way overboard). 

So I wonder, are we seeing much of this sort of thing?  I know from craigslist experience that there are a ferocious number of scammers who will hack at you with all sorts of bogus excuses.  I got five such from one message alone.  CL does make some effort to warn their users about common bogus activities, and they've all been tried on me.  I don't go for that.

Louis, if you're real, 'scuse me, I think my off-line response will be of some use to you.

Hi, Honolulu:

I am real person here and try to find the car I want for a while already.  Until recently I saw this one and tried to see if I can get any help from the member here for some advice.  (that's what I was told by some friends and nice people while hunting for the car).  If you have any doubt, you can contact me directly.  I have nothing to hide.  I don't understand what I have done to scam you?  If you don't want to help, just let me know so I won't bother you again.

If you want me to delete your "off-line" response, I will do it without hesitate.  Just let me know.

Appreciate your response anyway.

So what's the scam? Somehow he got your name as an 02 owner on the island and asked you to do a PPI. I think that achman has some good advice. Half of the money up front and remainder after the PPI.

I totally agree with your point. The problem is: I didn't even ask him to do the PPI. I just asked if there is any garage can do that. If there is any scam, probably I will be the victim if I pay.

Archived