I think things are fixed now

steve k.

• Administrators

It was a lot of digging to figure out what was actually happening, but i think i finally found the problem.  For those who care on the technical side, we had a database query that was analyzing 500000 rows and returning 39 results. Not very efficient. That plug-in has been removed and i am not seeing any slowness on the DB side right now.

steve k.

Great, Steve.  Thanks!  Seems a lot better.

I was actually looking into the FAQ's performance issues a bit myself, with a browser inspector and timeline analyzer, and saw something else you might also want to investigate for performance. I was seeing a lot of this repeating pattern as one hits the forum pages.  Like there's a problem with rendering/layout somewhere...

Styles Invalidated

Styles Recalculated

Layout Invalidated

Forced Layout

Tom

If I can now post normally instead of only using the "more reply options" then things are good.  Have been experiencing all sorts of problems posting replies over the past 10 days or so...

Way to go Steve!  Your hard work is most appreciated in keeping this forum up and running.  I check it daily whether at home or on the road--most recently in China and Nicaragua.

cheers

mike

• Administrators

Mike, posting normally should work now. The performance problems affected that feature a lot.

larry, I renamed the comments sections to just be normal for sale section.

I still need to do a little work to make it look better. Just need to find time.

Had to make a very quick change due to performance issues

Steve K.

Steve,

I've been lurking here for about 18 months and am really excited about the new format. I'm not totally familiar with all the details related to site management, but I do appreciate that it is a thankless, technical, and massive job with practically ZERO pay.

Thank you for all the hard work behind the scenes, I can tell that progress is being made one step at a time.

This website and all of the knowledge enclosed in the database is invaluable. There are hardly any mysteries left for our '02s, hence my constant lurk and few posts. I spend 95% of my time searching and finding clear answers 99.9% of the time.

Again, thank you, and it was a pleasure to meet you at SoCal Vintage.

Archived