What "Numbers Matching" Really Means on a 2002

thehackmechanic

'Classic styling' means the sunroof deafens you when opened and the hood and trunk rust through in 5 years...

Vintage means that even IF the blower motor worked, it still wouldn't really be able to defrost the windshield.

Barn Find means that the sunroof's been left open for 10 years and it's full of pigeon guano.

Runs and Drives means the rear springs are 10 minutes away from popping into the trunk,

This is fun!

In pristine condition = Visually OK, running, heater not working

Strong runner = Held together by zipties and bondo, but runs in second gear on tuesdays

Needs minor work = Complete restoration

Good restoration object = Some parts still there

In need of restoration = Please remove this rusted shell from my lawn, because my wife is angry

"Ran when parked" = 30 years ago it did...and there has been no attempt to preserve the engine since.  intake full of squirrel nut shells, cooling system passages dried and corroded, piston rings rusted to cylinder walls, carb guts clogged with gas long turned to varnish, crank frozen to dry and rusty main bearings

"Ran when parked" = 30 years ago it did...and there has been no attempt to preserve the engine since.  intake full of squirrel nut shells, cooling system passages dried and corroded, piston rings rusted to cylinder walls, carb guts clogged with gas long turned to varnish, crank frozen to dry and rusty main bearings

These comments were somehow directed to me but you forgot the birdseed.

Archived