Trouble Understanding Adverts

sorry but i'm still confused about how the ads work...it seems that if you buy an ad, a featured ad, when it expires, it's no longer viewable unless you renew it but the non featured, paid ads remain viewable and never go away

here's an anomoly that i don't understand. assuming it doesn't change before you take a look, on the PARTS FOR SALE forum, there are 2 ads that were featured ads, paid ads that expired but somehow, they moved to the top of the forum...see image, one is an ad by Artboakrill for a throttle body return spring, the other is one of my ads about Denver Tii...if you click either they can not be viewed, but show as a page error...in my case, assuming because i'm log'd in, i get a notice to renew the ad but don't see the ad

i didn't do anything to cause my old, expired, featured ad to move from outer space back to the front page of the forum...how's that happening

as the ads appear on the 1st page of the forum as of today...post-9202-0-62626800-1415550218_thumb.jp

error when clicking the ads...post-9202-0-69031100-1415551201_thumb.jp

post-9202-0-68058600-1415550359_thumb.jp

how are the expired ads getting back to the front page and why are they no longer viewable...it appears you're penalized by buying an ad...when the ad expires it's no longer viewable whereas the non paid ads are

and the expired, featured, paid ads don't show in the results when searching for them

post-9202-0-97198400-1415550280_thumb.jp

• Administrators

That was my , what is now a failed, experiment with expired adverts. There is a feature to keep expired adverts visible for a certain number of days, but i didn;t realize it will still make them Featured and it will send you to an error page.

I have removed this feature.

steve k.

• Administrators

That is the part i was trying to solve.  Non paid ads expire after 350 days, paid ads expire after the paid period is over. There is no way to just "unfeature" them.  I hink i now have enough to build a new "Classifieds" system that wil not require additional comments forums and will be able to "unfeature" paid ads. I just need time to build it. So stay tuned.

steve k.

Archived