Indicator Self Canceling And Momo Hub/boss

zambo

I am in the process of changing out my old steering wheel with a Momo Daytona. To do that I am looking at an applicable hub/boss. However I have read about issues with self canceling of the indicators. Can someone please give me an overview of this problem and any work arounds.

Thanks Richard

The tab  ("thimble" or "finger") should be positioned according to which side of the steering column holds the turn signal assembly.  Roundies have 'em on the right side, squarelights on the left, so position the finger so that with the wheel straight ahead, the finger is located on the same side of the column as the turn signal lever.  You may have to reposition several times to get it exactly right.  When you do, mark both hub and finger with a felt tip so you can get it back in the right place next time you remove the wheel, as it will often fall out when you pull the wheel.

cheers

mike

Thanks - the Momo hub I have found is an original mid-70's model for the '02. Though I think even the modern ones don't have the self canceling tab.

The Luisi wheels and boss/hub does for example, but they are quite a rare combo I am lead to believe.

Esty - I have usually been game to do as you suggest over my 30 years fiddling with classics, but there was enough "noise" on this issue, it seemed like being forearmed would be good, ahead of receiving the hub, etc.

Thanks for all the advice - I will let you know how it plays out.

Archived