Car Cover For 73 Tii

dabble

Many different brands, but be sure and get one that is (1) breathable and (2) meant for outdoor use.  Even though it's under a roof, it's still "outdoors."  Hope it's on a concrete or asphalt surface, and not dirt or gravel.  If the latter two, I'd put a sheet of heavy Visqueen down as a vapor barrier.  Otherwise it's gonna rust everything on the underside. 

cheers

mike

Im not a fan of covers at all. Im my opinion they cause more problems than they solve. If the car is outside make sure it gets plenty of ventilation around the car. To me a drafty enviornment beats one where the wind cant blow through the car and somewhere it can get some warming rays. Also make sure if its outside it gets driven when the weather allows, again to blow through the sills and get the shell dried out properly and make sure it has regular enough wax to protect the paint and the cavities and leading edges, crimped areas of door skins bonnets ect have a coat of waxoil or simular. I live in a wet enviornment. I put the car indoors in a well ventilated area for the worst of the weather december to febuary and keep away from salt at all costs. +1 what mike said about what surface the car is on. No to gravel or grass

Been very happy with my Covercraft Weathershield. I live at the beach and this cover keeps the moisture and dirt out, packs small and is machine washable. They stand up to their 4 year warranty if you manage to wear it out faster. I have bought this cover for three of my cars over the past decade.

Price shop their vendors as there is large fluctuations in price.

I have a cover that a friend gave me.  He kept it when he sold his TR-6... with me in mind.  My car is under a carport and yet still gets wet, with the 'floating drizzle' which is so common here in western Washington.  It was a nice gesture, but the cover does not fit very well.  It would be better on an early bumper car, but still not great.  I would advocate getting a cover that really fits the shape of your car.  I have decided I would rather see my car get a little wet, than look at an ill-fitting cover.  

I also found out that a TR6 cover does not fit a big bumper 02 very well. It fits good till you try to pull it over the bumpers. I have a Noah cover from Covercraft that I used on a couple of different of cars during the winter. It is a nice lined cover but tends to freeze to the car when wet and trap water. I next bought a Weathershield from Covercraft specifically for my 02. It is lighter than the Noah but repels water much better than the Noah and dries out quickly. When ever it snowed, I would brush the snow off with a push broom or even my hand. It would slide off like it was on teflon.  It is also easy to fold up and throw in the trunk. Oh, if you buy one, skip the mirror pockets, not needed.

Archived