Is The Wiper Arm To Shaft Insert Available?

HarryPR

Hi to all!

I;m talking about the cylindrical grooved insert that attaches the wiper arm to the shaft coming out of the cowl. My car came without a passenger side wiper and the two arms I have do not have it.

I checked the usual parts sites and can not see it in the diagrams or listed. I am attaching a pic of where the insert is supposed to go when the arm is installed.

post-32053-0-83798100-1413755903_thumb.j

TIA!

Harry- you can purchase the complete wiper pivot for either side from various parts sources. The pivot includes the short lever (hidden under the cowl), the splined shaft and 1 nut. You must transfer all other parts like the rubber gromit, steel spacer (anti-crush ring that fits in the rubber gromit) nuts and washers to the new pivot. One of the best improvements you can do to an older car.

I struggled to get these replaced after asking the same question the OP did - I used the pry method, punch and socket and only resulted in frustration and slightly bent parts. It may be overkill for some but I purchased this little puller on amazon for about $10

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0087YS166/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it made things very easy. To remove I drilled a little spot in the top of the pivot to keep the point of the puller from walking, I reversed the idea to re- install the new parts. Even if I never use it again it was worth it to me - HTH

post-36385-0-53563500-1413916696_thumb.j

Archived