Finally Back With A 1600-2! Sf Bay Area

FrozenH20

Was on a search for my old one,but no luck.. Came across a white 69 1602, in Oakland. Just happy to be driving one again. Bay area guys, where can I take this for interior and wire issues? Seems some things electrical don't work, wipers, need new window trim... Took into car wash today and soaked the inside :) happy to be back!

Congrats!  I have a real good interior guy down here in the South Bay.  Jack Davis - Jeda Generations.  He learned interior work from his dad.  He did his first interior at the age of 16.  He is 80 years old and still working.  He did my seats, carpet and headliner.  You name it he can do it. I have pictures of the work on my FAQ page here. My car is Chamonix.  If you got the car I think then yours is Chamonix as well.  He is an old fashion craftsman.  The first time I met him he was doing some 912 seats and in his hand was his favorite tool......a well worn pocketknife. 

I would be more than willing to show you the work he did on my car.  I'm in SJ. Here are some pictures.  I also installed Jason's speaker kick panels and sub enclosure. 

post-43078-0-12335800-1412995523_thumb.j

post-43078-0-44002800-1412995601_thumb.j

post-43078-0-46897700-1412995603_thumb.j

post-43078-0-67047900-1412995933_thumb.j

post-43078-0-24862800-1412996374_thumb.j

Yes it's charmonix did you see it on CL? Or know it from previous owner?

My windshield isnt leaking, it's the door window and rear window. Seems like I can buy the kit from pelican parts, is that my best option? Sorry been out of the scene for 3 years, and past car never needed any real work done to it

Thank you very much guys. Is it a basic DIY?

Car is nice but has a lot of little issues that he didn't mention or wasn't aware of. Seller never really drove it I think he bought it from a buy named eddy from San lorenzo and just resold it. Cause car was still in eddys name. Wipers don't work, brights work sometimes, clutch is very sticky, and clicks pretty loud each shift. Things I'm happy to fix but he said it needed no work, also paint job and tons of orange peel...I'll fix that all, looking to do it right away as well

Your clicking clutch pedal--1600s have a mechanical clutch linkage (not hydraulic like the 2002s), and there's a horseshoe-shaped link that joins the clutch pedal to the rod that eventually leads to the clutch withdrawal fork.  The link fits over a peg on the clutch pedal and onto the end of the rod, and both peg and link will wear--and eventually wear through due to a powerful return spring that pulls the pedal and linkage back up after you step on the pedal.  Then no clutch action. 

Pull up your carpet and check that link--and the peg on the pedal--for wear.  Hopefully the link is still available, but you might have to build up the worn peg with weld, or drill/tap the pedal shaft for a new peg. 

Also check the linkage down under the car--there's an aluminum bracket that the linkage passes through, and it wears too.

cheers

mike

Your clicking clutch pedal--1600s have a mechanical clutch linkage (not hydraulic like the 2002s), and there's a horseshoe-shaped link that joins the clutch pedal to the rod that eventually leads to the clutch withdrawal fork.  The link fits over a peg on the clutch pedal and onto the end of the rod, and both peg and link will wear--and eventually wear through due to a powerful return spring that pulls the pedal and linkage back up after you step on the pedal.  Then no clutch action. 

Pull up your carpet and check that link--and the peg on the pedal--for wear.  Hopefully the link is still available, but you might have to build up the worn peg with weld, or drill/tap the pedal shaft for a new peg. 

Also check the linkage down under the car--there's an aluminum bracket that the linkage passes through, and it wears too.

cheers

mike

Archived