Help To Identify These Pistons

sparkle

Hello,

I've purchased these pistons for my upcoming 2.0 build for my e21.

Even with searching with the mahle part number, I'm coming up with a bit of a loss.

I think they may be "U.S" spec 2002tii oversize pistons, but I wouldn't have thought so as I brought them as new, old stock out of Australia.

This would make sense though, as it has a "9" stamped on the head. (9.0:1?)

$_57.JPG

Would have been simpler if you asked us before you paid for 'em.

You should have bought MAHLE 082-02-02/3.  (euro 9.5:1 E12head, second or third oversize).

What you got is a set for a 1972-75 520!  Don't ask me how, but you did.

Listed as 9:1 c/r, third oversize, piston dome height 6.8mm.  (that will be the final overbore for your block---unless the next owner has custom pistons made for the next rebuild).

How are you & your machinist at math?  You still might be able to make 'em work.

Good Luck.

mac

mac.

Thanks guys. That's the sort of info I was after. Reason I brought these without research, is that they were very cheap (under $200usd for the set). The only others he had were flat tops. I only have a complete e21 320 engine. Reason for needing an e12 head? If because of standard combustion chamber, I wouldn't worry too much, as these are going to be modified anyway

Reason for needing an e12 head? If because of standard combustion chamber, I wouldn't worry too much, as these are going to be modified anyway

The combustion chamber is very much specific for each domed piston design. Some wrong combinations you can make work with modifications but it's never optimal solution. I guess you have e21 2.0 head?

Tommy

Archived