Cool Or Crap?

PetrolJunky

There was a thread recently discussing your new purchase. I'm on mobile and can't copy/paste or I would dig it up for you. "2002ti turbo tapp" will get you there as the first result though.

That was probably a cool car at one point and maybe it could be again with enough time, money and skill. You'll probably need a ton of all three to resurrect it.

I havnt seen the other post about the car yet.

I would clean up the interior, put new throttle bodies on it and keep the stickers/patina as is.

I am sure the engine needs some love but I would do my best not to make it look 'updated'.

I bet it would bring a lot of attention at rallies/shows.

What seats would you put in it?

I would take a look at those rockers (in the last listing there were some closeups that seem to be strategically missing this time around) unless you want the attention from shows stemming from leaving your rear subframe and floor pans in the parking space as you drive away.

With all due respect I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.  This will be a much bigger undertaking than your last project.

Thanks for doing that website again though!

i'd want it for the VIN primarily, but the reserve has not been met at 5K which i don't think could be recouped with all the extraneous bits on it. 

for me, i'd want to return to duel solex PHH's and KEEP the exterior looking the way it does, but remove the tailpanel and fender flares.  perhaps go with integral pigcheeks instead.

i'd curse the person who drilled the VIN on the front fender, too.

i'd want to return the original ti-specific parts to it.  but i love the patina...

talk is cheap and i've already spent my allocation on this example.

Archived