Racing Seats

bimmercraze

yes...what do you mean?  street "racing look" or real track use?  and how are you planning to mount it?

for track use...on custom mounts...i use a sparco ergo driver and a sparco pro2000 plus for passenger.  they just barely fit against the door at shoulder height.   a sparco evo II plus will NOT fit in a 2002.  it is too wide and the front.

for a real race seat for track use, you MUST go somewhere and sit in a bunch of them.  race seats are like shoes.  does not matter what anyone else uses, it must fit YOU.  different manufacturers and different models all have different fits.

do not put a harness in a car without a roll bar or cage.  if you do your immobile head will be the roll bar when the car flips over.  do some research on this.  it is well documented.

you will be sorry if you put a real race seat in a road car.  they are not adjustable or comfortable for road use and the high back blocks visibility.

some people " in the know" here responded...

there are too many unanswered questions on your part to nail down a simple answer.

I drive in a real race seat over 4 hrs to different tracks...I think its fine...its a Sparco Evo..in an e30.

but Id not want it in a street car.

I have some Sparco bottom mount fixed back seats in my 02. It was a complex deal to get them to mount low and inboard enough. I think they are right and I fit with a helmet with ease. I'm 6 foot and have a sunroof. Auto power roll bar. If I were to do it again, I'd remove the stock seat mounts and start fresh.

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0046-2.jpg

c728eaca.jpg

1226769c.jpg

John

Archived