• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I coat my TII Exhaust manifold ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi. I finally picked up a tii exhaust manifold for my 02. I'm thinking about a protective HT paint, or cermanic type coating. Anyone done this, and what do you recommend in terms of coating, and in what color from a heat standpoin ? My car is stock w/ a DFAV 40/40, MSD Ignition w. Pertronix , and I live in hot sunny Florida.TIA!

Jerry

Guest Anonymous

Thanks guys. Has anyone used the heat retention/insulater products from these guys:

www.techlinecoatings.com ? They have some very interesting products, for treating the interior and and the exterior of the exhaust (and the intake) manifolds. I think that I'll try them out and report back what I find out.TIA,

jerry

Guest Anonymous

You need an oven you don't mind potentially ruining (or if you're buddies with a someone that does powder coating) you're set. The ultra high temperature stuff (black mate, suitable for turbos) even air drys.

I think that chrome'd finish would be pretty cool.

Cheers!

John N