Best Place To Buy Oil Filter And Adapter Gasket?

cosm3os

Gonna need an oil filter and an adapter gasket, cause one of them is leaking (and it's changing time).  It's a 74tii engine in a 76, so I understand it takes a different gasket than what would normally come in a 76, right?  Also, my adapter is marked "Purolator", is that correct?  Anywhere better than the dealer w/CCA discount to get them both?  Seems easy to find the filters, but finding someone who carries both is not going easily.

Thanks

Apparently not true.

RealOem is a great site for compatibility questions like this.  

As for your original 'where to buy" question,

Steve at Blunttech (mentioned above).

Don't you like ice cream?

(I'll bet he knows the answer to this question as well).

Email (or phone call) works better than the automated site.

I pulled the info below off of RealOem:

74 tii gasket

06 Gasket Asbestos Free   1     11421312607 $3.13

76 gasket

06 Gasket Asbestos Free   1     11421312607 $3.13

30.png

Ahh, I got confused by threads talking about there being more bolts on a tii adapter.  I assumed the extra bolts passed through the gasket.  I also assumed that Blunt only sold what is on the online catalog, but apparently they can get any oe part?  What's the deal with the ice cream?  I bought their suspension refresh kit and didn't get any. 

I do not get the ice cream humor, but try to play along.  

He did offer to buy me a burger on my road trip from WA to MN three years ago; but the trip has yet to happen.

The online catalog is a good current price reference, at least that is what I use it for, but the best way to order is using email, or the phone.  

The site has only a fraction of what he can get.  According to another post today, we can look forward to an upgraded site in Dec.

You may find cheaper prices elsewhere, but I don't usually bother to look. 

All the ice cream deliveries were subcontracted out to Ray Koke so youll really need to speak with him for any issues with deliveries.

We have the entire BMW catalog vintage and modern.. Shoot me an email and Ill personally help you. Ill also give you all of Rays contact info as he is the idiot who started all this ice cream talk..

Archived