Ie Velocity Stacks

Scattergun4015

Hi all,

I am looking to upgrade my 40dcoe's to angled velocity stacks from Ireland Engineering. I do not currently have retainers to hold the stacks in and am wondering if anyone have found the little tabs somewhere other than IE. I cant find myself spending $30.00 per carb for a couple tabs and some nuts. Thankyou for the help

I made the tabs out of some aluminum stock.  It took a while, but I needed them that afternoon.

They worked OK.  If you don't have the spacer ring, though, the tabs themselves may not hold

the stacks in tightly- usually, the shoulder of the stack sits a bit below the surface

of the carb, and that ring then goes over the stack, and sits proud so that the tabs

can push the stacks tight against the venturis.  

hth

t

The tabs came on carbs when new, so someone would have had to remove them at some point. 

I know weber bits are spendy, you'll find the same results over at pierce and other vendors.  I do see them pop up cheap time to time when somebody sells off all their weber extras on ebay and c-list  (just be careful as the tabs are different between 40's and 45's (springs and nuts are the same though).

To add to the do-it-yourself veign.  You could try and start with a larger OD washer and then cut into shape on a disk sander.

Yeah, I saw those. I am worried about interference between cylinder 3's horn and the brake booster. That is why I'm planning on the angled ones from IE. In a holding pattern right now though because I just bought a IE chin spoiler and a Nardi steering wheel. Wife doesn't understand how my project car that is supposed to take 5 years is going to be done in 2 :)

Archived