• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dipswitch Wiring

mikespain
Go to solution Solved by mikespain,

Hi everyone,

1976 2002 rhd

Trying to sort the wiring for the dipswitch stalk,problem is I don't even know whether what is there is a dipswitch or not as the wires going to it have been cut, spliced hanging off and generally  messed about with the 8 pin plug at the other end is as follows1 brown/yellow 2 black/ purple 3 brown/ black 4yellow /black 5 violet/ black 6 pink/ black 7 red/ black 8 blue /black.

on the back of switch (part number01835612/1357010)the terminals are numbered 85 53b 53e 53 15 what looks like a1 and one that i can't see as there is a big blob of solder

what I need to know , if someone could help, is if this is the right switch and if so what wires go where

any help would be much appreciated as the wiring diagrams I have found do not coincide with the wire colours

Don't know whether it is of significance but it has a 12fuse fusebox

Hi every body again 

Could anybody post or send me a picture of the dipswitch from the wire side,so I can see what colour wire goes to which connector,and oneof the plug that is numbered 1-8(5 terminals on one side and 3 on the other)

will be much appreciated and very helpful, I will post a picture of what is fitted just as soon as the battery in my camera charges

thanks

Mike

That appears to be a wiper switch from a 76, located on the right side of the steering column. 

(edit: I see that yours is a RHD, not sure of differences)

The colors do correspond to the one I have here.

The brown/yellow wire coming off of (#1) on the plug, does not go to the switch, but has a female spade connector at the switch end.

85-brown/black stripes(#3)

53b-black/white stripes(#2)

53e-black/violet stripes(#5)

53-black/yellow stripes(#4)

15-violet/black stripes(pink/black above)(#6)

1-black/red stripes(#7)

7-black/blue stripes(#8)

Here are a few photos.

009.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

Edited by '76Mintgrun'02

Thanks for putting me straight,yes it is on the right of the column,so I presume that the dip switch is on the left with the indicator stalk?which is in a similar state.Does explain why the colours were different!

Many thanks for the information just what I needed will have a look at it on Monday andwill let you know if everything works-

Edited by mikespain