Which Electric Fuel Pump

Htom_servo

Well I've decided to go with an electric fuel pump. I've got the wiring stuff all set(left over from another project) and now I need to decide what pump to get. so I'm looking for pump recommendations. Something simple not really performance. Along with that what are the specs of the pump I would need in terms of psi and gph.

Thanks on advance for any info I can get.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p60504

And if we are talking about a car with a return line, use this as the feed by switching the lines at the sender.. And then mount the pump laterally, above the diff.  This is the natural path of the return line and if you don't actually mount the body of the pump to the car, but rather use two hangers and suspend it with the fuel hose at each end of the pump, the noise it MINIMAL.  Much less transfer of vibration to the body.

^^ +1,  This is exactly how I mounted my Carter electric fuel pump.  Currently I have the hard line on the drivers side dead-headed into the carburetor and it works great.  Installation only required drilling a single hole throught the trunk floor.  First pic shows the mounting location.  Second pic shows the clearance to the top of the diff (in my case its a E21 LSD...not sure if there's a difference from stock as far as clearance).  In the future I plan to re-locate the pre-filter closer to the tank so it's accessible from the trunk w/o having to get underneath the car.  With this setup, I can hear the pump buzzing when I turn the key on, but as soon as the engine starts the sound is faint enough to be drowned out.

post-47527-0-86549800-1411038828_thumb.j

post-47527-0-86907600-1411038864_thumb.j

post-47527-0-91008600-1411038896_thumb.j

Archived