• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ignition wiring....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey all...

Revamped the front-calipers the other day. To my surpize they work perfectly well. Still a little slack inthe pedal, it moves 5cm before the brakes engage. Is this due to a poor bleed or somthing more serious.

anyway.. I've searched the net, my haynes manual and asked co-workers, need a little help finding a wiring diagram for the ignition switch. With the brakes done its now time to fire her up. However, the key is stuck in the drivers side door where it was left 3 years ago and i cant get it out (any ideas). Its not important though, going for remote entry and button starting...

So if you know the ignition or a link to the ignition info let me know..

cheers

Guest Anonymous

also.. on the brake note.. When the brakes do engage they are solid.

ie. If the pedal travel distance was approx 10cm. The pedal only gives resistance half way down, when it does its very solid and stops the car easy..

??

might need to do more bleeding

Guest Anonymous

zenonverona73.jpg

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

If not, the whole system won't work very well, and you will have too much pedal travel.

Sorry, not much help on the wiring other than to follow the diagrams in haynes. All the terminals on the switch are numbered on the back and on the diagram.

regards,

Zenon

Guest Anonymous

Haynes gives me the order of the wires but no colors and additional info.. I think ill just pull it a part and it work it out as i go...

Ill try ajusting the back brakes as you suggest..

thanks..

Guest Anonymous

I know for a fact rear brakes aren't adjusted. Huge difference in pedal feel.. Also, have you checked all the rubber lines? two of my front lines were actually bulding on brake application.. check those buggers

Anyone have any not-rusted-solid backing plates with adjusters for me?!? :)