Fyi ... One-Owner '74Tii For Sale In Indiana

OriginalOwner

A minor point, but why do so many people say: 'original leather interior' when it is obviously the original vinyl interior??

Many (most?) people cannot tell the difference between vinyl and leather. I can't tell you how many Mercedes owners have tried to tell me over the last 40 years that "MB Tex" is Daimler-Benz's leather! It's vinyl! And they haven't even noticed that the name derives from "textile"!

Steve

posted very strictly FYI .....

1974 BMW 2002Tii For Sale as-is in Indiana .... $10K

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4667517009.html

Cheers,

Carl

Was on Ebay Feb this year. Stated as a "non-runner" needing the Kugel thingy cleaning. "Buy it now" was $7500.

Seller sounded like a Dealer and was in NJ, so the car is on the move.

Was on Ebay Feb this year. Stated as a "non-runner" needing the Kugel thingy cleaning. "Buy it now" was $7500.

Seller sounded like a Dealer and was in NJ, so the car is on the move.

Great sleuthing, as usual, Les!

I knew I had looked at those photos recently. I have to assume that we pay you handsomely as an investigator!

Thanks and regards,

Steve

It's funny, but I assumed from the ad that it doesn't run.  But it doesn't say definitively that it does or doesn't.  

I would think for $10K that I would have assumed that it DID run, but I assumed the opposite.  

A non-running tii that has been repainted, is from the midwest (midwest + repaint to me means at one point it was rusty enough that someone said "you better have that body redone soon or it's toast"), can't equal that price tag.  

But, Jeez, I just saw a '73 tii for sale on Hemmings for $62,000.  

Scott

Archived