jedi420

Headlight Wiring

16 posts / 1944 viewsLast Reply

Does any1 know which wire goes where? I have a 1970 02 w/ a 3-piece dash. i should have marked the wires as i disconnected them but was to excited. There are four wires grn/ylw, grn/wht, grn/blue, grn/red. On the switch i have +, 1, 2, 3. I attached a photo for reference.

post-47449-0-46471800-1409792299_thumb.jpost-47449-0-44093200-1409792432_thumb.j

Edited by jedi420

I didn't realize the wiring diagram was missing legend sheet. Would this help? You are not saying what is the function of switch you pulled wires off. Smart phones are handy when working on German cars

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/116524-wiring-diagram-clarification/

its for the headlights.  so is 24 my headlight switch on the diagram?? i also need the diagram for the windshield wipers

Edited by jedi420

My mistake, its not the headlight switch i think its actually the hazard switch.. It has 4 prongspost-47449-0-37371500-1409807609_thumb.j

My mistake, its not the headlight switch i think its actually the hazard switch.. It has 4 prongsattachicon.gifimage.jpg

The knob face says it's the blower switch, but knobs can be interchanged to some extent.

Steve

At what position on the instrument binnacle is the switch that you're picturing?  On a '70, the headlight switch is upper left, lighter is upper right, heater blower is lower left and wipers are lower right...At least that's the way they come from the factory.  No telling what a PO did, although it's kinda unusual to swap switch positions around...

From your original picture that shows only four terminals, it can't be a headlight switch, as there are 8 terminals on the back of a headlilght switch (two are unused).  Think that's your heater blower switch.  At least the pictograph on the knob  indicates "heater blower."

cheers

mike

Thanks for all the feedback. i do remember taking this the windshield wiper switches off. im 99% sure the switches r where they belong. Just unsure which wire goes to which prong on both switches

Reading electrical schematics is easy.  The heater switch (blower) shows three connections: GN/BL (+), GN/RD (2), and GN/WS (1). Nothing is listed for terminal 3, altho the + terminal is bridged (shows two connections).

GN/GE (green/yellow) wires are associated with the horn and warning flasher. Good luck.

Edited by nbcbird

Reading electrical schematics is easy.  The heater switch (blower) shows three connections: GN/BL (+), GN/RD (2), and GN/WS (1). Nothing is listed for terminal 3, altho the + terminal is bridged (shows two connections).

GN/GE (green/yellow) wires are associated with the horn and warning flasher. Good luck.

thanks! i'll try this. how about for the wipers?

Windshield wiper switch shows SW (Black) 53, GE (yellow) 53b, and GN/BL 53a (two wires). 

thanks for the help. i got everything wired up. parking lights work but the headlights don't, only the high beam (they were before). hazard lights work. turn signals don't work (which were working before), window wipers don't work (never was working). 

Edited by jedi420