• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Drove an '02 Turbo today!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Some of you may know I work for a BMW dealership here in the UK. Our Chairman has a small collection of vintage & classic BM's, and decided today was the day he would move his turbo out of the way-it's been stored in a climate controlled garage for 4 years. So,the battery being flat, he towed it with his son down to one of his BMW dealerships-he told me it started after 3 miles of trying! ( He doesn't need to do it this way, he's a millionaire, but a very enthusiastic one). As I hold a nominally important position in the dealership, and I'm the resident '02 nut, I decided I should look after it. So, fresh battery fitted, I took it for a spin-boy, everything you've read about turbo lag is true, but does it fly! I even rang my wife to tell her about it, but she was more concerned that I was trying to buy it! There's a bit of recomissioning to do, but it's a mint original Polaris silver baby! I'll try & post some pics afer the weekend.

'72 Golf '02 Touring

'82 320 Baur Cabriolet

'99 523i E39

'03 Mini Cooper