• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

more fun with harbor freight....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

MVC-009S.JPG

let me start off by saying i'm as cheap as the next guy. and i really don't want to sound self-righteous or demeaning. but-

most of the stuff harbor freight sells is made in china. as in peoples republic of china, the commies. the influence of marxist-leninism my be fainter than it was in the old evil empire (ussr), but the desire for world hegemony is not. they aim to rule the world with economic pressure. to force out of business, by underselling, companies that used to form the backbone of american industry. and, as a state controlled enterprise, your average chinese company will not ever compete fairly with those in a true market economy.

the mechanism to do this is slave labor. the average chinese makes about $2.00 a day. things may cost a lot less there, but not that much less.

so, for your country and for human rights, boycott chinese goods. i know this is difficult, and maybe a waste of time, but i think it's important. probably futile in things like tennis shoes, so you'll have to pick your battles. but the american consumer IS on the front lines of an economic war with china.

that's my conscience, thanks for bandwidth to rant.

robert

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I wonder what the chinese are saying about us:

the best aircraft, computers, communication

technology, jet engines, movie makers,

entertaiment, paper, the best weapons,

colleges,athletes, doctors, hospitals, agriculture,

banks, investment opportunities, space

technology, 2002's, the list goes on and on. We

kick ass on every field we choose to compete - we

are indeed a great country.

Back to tool boxes, don't buy anything without ball

bearings and I know you can negotiate with Mac

and Snap On if you talk cash (the green stuff),

plenty competitive to justify a cash advance. (less

than 2K for a nice 60" one)

Michael

Guest Anonymous

I was there this morning drooling and grunting and thinking I should buy two of everything (so I have a spare when the first one breaks). For some reason I only come out with duct tape, tarps and ratcheting tie downs. It happens every time I go there.

Most of the hand tool items at the retail store are indeed made in China. Many of the power/air tools, disposable supplies and other trinkets are made in USA. I don't know about the tool chests.

Why do I feel I need to share this with everyone? I don't know, maybe its just late. Sorry about the bandwidth.

G

Guest Anonymous

ass_shot500.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/store/index.html

according to the website listing. the deep drawers have double sliders on each end, and the whole box is internally welded for strength. i dont give a shit about the politics. give me a lifetime box and $2000+ extra in my pocket and i will be happy. its funny how a "commie" country uses our capitalist tools so effectively. any american ceo who could get away with it would pay even less than the chinese to their workers.

- Industrial quality all steel construction. Tool cart and drawers are strong enough to hold a 200-pound man in the drawers with the drawers fully extended.

- Internally welded joints for durability

- Heavy duty ball bearing slides on all drawers

- Lockable drawers (keys included and keyed alike)

- Four 5'' casters (2 fixed and 2 swivel with brake)

- Includes no-slip rubber mats in each drawer and on top

- Rust proof powder coat finish

- Over all dimensions: 44-3/4'' W x 18-1/2'' D x 40'' H

- Weight: 494.5 lbs.

Item 90320 and 90321 sold separately. (Drawer strength test done under controlled conditions; consumer should not try to duplicate.)

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

in the form of the Norinco SKS, the gun that won the Vietnam War. Norinco ammo is good and cheap too. Let's not forget that people are fine and goverments and organized religion suck and cause all the trouble. Car enthusiasm transcends governments and organized religion.

I am a member of the Church of the Tuned '02 and a citizen of the '02 Reich.

Guest Anonymous

I don't care if some of my tools are from China, or any other country as long as I get to save a few bucks. Even if a few folks don't buy their wares due to the country of origin thing, others will since it all comes down to money whoever you may be.

That being said, I had a good chuckle out of a "made in China" 3/4 breakerbar recently. I was taking off the BFN (big friggin nut) that holds the pully on my S14 that I'm rebuilding, well everything looked fine till the bar itself started bending! then the nut broke free... it's one of those sliding type of breakerbar. The drive part was nice and forged while the bar was a cheap mild steel job. I joking referred to this bar as a simple torque wrench since now I know that when it comes time to re-install that BFN, I'll know when I reach the proper torque when the bar starts bending again..haha

Guest Anonymous

goods from China since I was 16. I met a girl whose father and mother were killed in Tiananmen Square in 1989 and it changed my perspective. Next time you buy some fireworks, think about the 37 "schoolchildren" who were blown up in 2001 when their "school" exploded. Turns out it was a forced labor facility making fireworks.

Chinese Labors laws are strict and very similar to US laws (40hr work week, etc) It's just that these laws, like much of Chinese civil society are a facade.

M.

(years of research. Degree in International Human rights and minor in Chinese)

Guest Anonymous

If you were talking about wrenches and sockets, but a tool box is just a tool box. I"ll send you my Mac nameplates so it looks good at the dealership.

Michael