• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOT- chp liars and informing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

MVC-009S.JPG

some of you all may remember a couple months ago when my '71 sahara was falsely accused of hit and run in south orange county, ca. the accident was minor, no injuries, but i was very put off by the attitude and lies of officer peacock, of the san juan capistrano station.

prior to my conversation with peacock,in the spirit of co-operation, i had told another officer that another sahara 2002 frequented a certain intersection. well, i have seen that car again, and it shows fresh damage. now i have his license plate #.

should i rat him out?

pro- a) i have not driven my tan car since, for fear of being pulled over (smog and beer issues). rolling over on this guy would, presumably, clear me. thank goodness i have my tii to drive. B) and, ratting him out may be considered my civic duty.

con- a) the idea of helping those creeps revolts me now. b)obviously, this clown has been driving with no repercussions. c) would the chp even do anything? they have not contacted me since, maybe they no longer care.

notice i leave out the idea that informing on a 'cool' '02 driver is wrong. i have come to the conclusion that '02 ownership does NOT automatically make a jerk into someone cool or righteous.

thanks for your input.

robert

Guest Anonymous

if you give up the hit an run bastard.

guys like that hike up our insurance and fuck up cars we could be owning/using for parts.

don't let the actions of the "dick" (cop) keep you from helping the other driver that was hit (satisfaction etc) and from helping in general. it's a real sorry son of a bitch that'll hit someones car and leave. hope they ream him in jail.

Guest Anonymous

If you know that a crime has been committed and

have information, I think you have no choice but to

drop the dime, even if it didn't involve you.

If it was a prank or a minor "crime" it would be

different, but a hit and run is something that is not

nice if you are in the receiving end. Regardless of

what happened with officer X, it needs to be done.

Michael

Guest Anonymous

prosteve.jpg

Just today at Home Depot I passed a new Honda with a buggy some a-hole let loose jammed into the fender with a large dent. Even tho it was a honda, I still felt bad for the person whose car it was. If somebody hit & ran on me, i would want to know that they ( or their insurance co.)had to pay to fix my damage. Just my $.02

Steve P. in NC

Guest Anonymous

if possible. I hate it when people do shit like that. I have seen 3 beatiful 2002's totaled by hit and run- just remember you could be next. Of course the damage on the car could be form another incident- the guy or gal could be totally innocent and in that case they may think your an ass- but hey. If I were the one whose car was hit I'd thank you either way.

Guest Anonymous

if you believe that those who commit crimes should be responsible for their actions, then you should report this vehicle as a POSSIBLE suspect in the hit & run. You say this happened months ago but describe the damage as fresh. As an insurance agent fresh damage is just that, fresh. In a beach community you will get surface rust on bare metal in a couple of weeks.

Regardless of how rotten the police can act, you don't have to stoop to the level of the bad cop. The CHP will follow-up on your report although they won't keep you informed normally, but sometimes they do. In the mid-70s I was leaving Lake Arrowhead and a jerk in a Corvette passed illegally and sideswiped an oncoming car forcing it to crash into the side of a hill. I was in my Nevada 1600-2 and I chased the 'Vette long enough to get his plate and then went back and waited for the CHP to show and gave them the info. I was called four months later by the CHP officer who informed me they nailed the guy. Do what is right for one day it may happen to you and you hope that someone else will do the right thing then too.

We all pay for hit & run drivers, so report it and be happy you did the right thing. It's also possible this other '02 is innocent too, so don't be the judge, just be a good observer. I have a client in San Juan Capistrano who's had his 'Vette hit & run twice in the last year in his condo parking lot.

I don't understand your comment about not driving your Sahara '02 due to smog and beer issues. A '71 shouldn't have smog issues at all unless you brought it in from out of state. The beer comment makes me think you've been convicted of DUI or Open-Container or other major violation relating to alcohol. Being an insurance agent and 30-year '02 owner I might have some tips if you extrapolate a bit on this.

Jay

Guest Anonymous

Pass the info to them and explain your situation.

You can also do this in a fairly anonymous fashion.

You also let the victim know that there is another identical '02/owner out there that is actually "cool".

Another thing to consider if it is left unsettled, >you< one day might run into the victim who has a score to settle.

just my '02 cents. =D

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

victim car owner. After all the crap you went through with this mis-identification and over-zealous (lazy) chipsters, it seems that you would want to get this resolved correctly asap. I did not realize you have not driven your tii since the incident: that is the worst "impact" of all! In the Karma scheme of things, you are doing right by the victim, doing right by the perp( s/he should pay for crime), and redeeming the reputations of all Sahara owners. As for Occifer Donut and his cohort, maybe( ask him to) victim will write a letter to their Captain explaining the unsloved crime until you sleuthed-out the criminal and solved the case. That should somehow end-up on the CHiPsters' desks and vindicate you in a way that does not directly accuse them for following the easy and wrong trail(you). The earth can then return to its proper axis. As to the smog/beer hurdles to driving the tii: those are probably easier to resolve than the CHiPster mis-i.d. issue you just solved. f1reverb probably can help you in this area. Good luck and well done!(Pictured: another Sahara "cleared" from the perp list.

Guest Anonymous

and the owner ends up paying for it while the clown is out smashing others cars. Let him deal with a possible citation & insurance issues. Maybe he'll learn something.

Guest Anonymous

could be a great lesson for you to pass on. I mean - Karma wise theres no fall out.

this is coming from one who is in the midst of dealing with 4grands worth of hit and run damage right now.

If people could just put their hands up and say - "sorry i messed up" we would all be happier.

BUT on top of this - your life is also compounded by wanker cops.

How bad is the hit n run damage to the other car? So bad it is obvious the sahara-ite was drunk/stupid - OR maybe minor that they are unaware?

Shame you dont know the victim & their damage - to be able to make the call.

tough one

Good luck and keep us informed. I am still looking every day for a late 80s chrysler with front end damage....