• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i pulled it out today

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

f.jpg

Tried a little snake oil but I just have a feeling that it needs to come out. So far what I found - loose valve guide on #4 and possibly others are loose. Seems the machine shop I used SUCKS!

How much movement should there be when pushing the valves forward and backward in the guide (pushing perpendicular to the axis of the stem?)

Cylinder walls look fine. Pistons are coming out in the next 30 minutes- new rings. Not in the mood to do this again anytime soon.

Also ordered this today

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

that looks like a lot of space in that shop/garage.

Pardon my ignorance but I have never been there

and I would picture a tight room for a garage in that

part of the world.

Good luck with your engine rebuild. It does suck

Michael

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~shiokusa/

That is our shop. WHat you see in the background is our glass blowing equipment. My wife and I are glass blowers and we happend to find this old industrial building that has an apartment built into the second and 3rd floors. Really unusual life for Japan. It's great!

Guest Anonymous

cause:

seal.jpg

That should explain the oil burning don't ya think?

Rings are all good but the end gap is larger than spec. Cylinder walls are beautiful. Connecting rod bearings show light wear. But more than they should at this low milage (in my unprofessional opinion.) I will replace the rings and if the main bearings look good I will reuse all of the bearings (less than 10,000 miles.)

So in the end- the bottom side was fine. You know it just bugs the hell out of me- the only 2 things I didn't do myself- the head and the paint- are the weaklinks. Its not that I should have done those myself just that I should have researched more in the beginning about where to have those done.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

and on top of that you own a 2002? My wife had

better not see your work, I would be in deep

financial trouble! When you think you can

stereotype an 02 owner....

Michael

72 tii

Guest Anonymous

We visited the Corning Museum of Glass this summer. Watched a glass blowing/forming exhibit from start to finish. I now have a new appreciation for the work involved. We even got to try our hand at glass work. My son and I made glass beads (more work than you would think), and my wife made a glass flower. Said she would like to do more. Oh, no. There goes my garage space.

Guest Anonymous

Odds are is that the guide was to tall for the lift of the came and

the spring retainer came down and crushed it... beat it severly and

then it eventually broke into pieces and made it's way into the

pan.. since no one would accept guides like that being that off

vissually I suspect that when they pressed the guides out they

didn't measure the wear in the cylinder boss of the guide and then

inserted stock sized guides... since guides are a pressfit and that

there was insuficent material to hold the "press".. switching to an

oversized guide and a properly machined boss will fix it.. you will

also need a complete valve job done again due to the guide will

move the valve so the small area of interference won't be the