Deutschman

Vintage Bmw Shop Closing/everything Must Go Wa State

18 posts / 1721 viewsLast Reply

Just be careful about what you buy.  Feel free to google search Brian Capp.

I know people who Brian Capp took for thousands. Be very cautious in your dealings with him to make sure you are getting what you are paying (too much) for.

Yeah, something is just not right about "suddenly closing shop and everything (including several cars) must be sold in less than 24 hours." If it smells like a scam, it usually is! --FB

(edited)

It's not suddenly closing really. I think he has been involved in a protracted foreclosure for some time. In fact, I thought all the stuff had already been removed from the property.

Bottom line is that alcoholism makes people do terrible things.

In fact, the shop has been technically closed for some time. Something about ripping people off tends to make the customer base dry up.

Edited by Chamonix72

From what I can tell in really old threads is he was quite a good source for restoration and seemed to be the go to guy in the area. 

I knew him back then- his heart was in the right place...

t

From what I can tell in really old threads is he was quite a good source for restoration and seemed to be the go to guy in the area. 

Keyword: seemed.

He got me for a few bucks when I was new into 02's. I paid 400 bucks for a set of 14" weaves in average shape with no tires. Hindsight... I'd still go up there with cash and see what I could buy though. Maybe he finally figured out he needs to sell his shit... But I'm on the wrong side of the mountains right now... Not back for another week and a half :/

A car buyer, here as well as anywhere, should confirm that the seller holds valid title!

Steve