• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts, Help, Or Respite

GregJ

Mid-Atlantics,

I am a reformed NoVa resident living down in beautiful Floyd County, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, or very close to it. The Vintage Tour on Sunday will end close to my little farm. If anyone needs to fix something or some used part to get home or just a cold beer, come on down. I will be at the Vintage on Saturday in my 1980 E12 528i (Castanienrot). Some of you have seen it in recent years at the Vintage, it is the pretty cinnamon red (chestnut really) wedding present  car with 28,000 miles. I will be spending much time at the swap meet looking for stuff for my 1975 2002.

In my yard are a 1969 and a 1970, and a totally disassembled 1975. My wife is proud.

I have a pretty complete home shop if someone needs to fix something. there will be at least one other 2002 staying at the place during the weekend.

I know it is out of the way of most, but I would love to have new 02 friends stop by. the roads are outstanding, and I can tell you several ways to get home, all avoiding I-95! It is about 4.5 hours to Dulles going 72 on I-81, so you could use that as a baseline. Fun 2002 routes take an hour or two longer.

The address is 367 Conner Grove Rd, Willis, VA 24380. My cell is 540-285-0045.

Greg Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

Greg,

Sorry, that I didn't read until after I had returned from Vintage.  We drove down the BRP to MP 200 and then 52S into W-S.

We could've met!

We drove our "Barn-Fresh" '68 1600 on it's first trip.  It ran flawlessly.

Maybe next year?

Regards,

Randy

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors