• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How 'bout A Gtg Sometime This Month?

visionaut

If you don't see a cancel, so it's ON.  The predicted rough weather has to be later than the meet, my car needs a swish on the bottom side anyway.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Hi guys.  Sorry I couldn't make it today -- I picked up a bad cold at OFest, and I was in bed most of the day today.  I messaged Aaron and Cal this morning that I wouldn't be there.

So how'd it turn out?  Did the weather hold off?  Did you get any pics, or take a drive afterewards?  I'm bummed I missed it.

Tom

PS: so laying about medicated and feeling like crap after OFest, and PO'd I couldn't make our Meet, I attempted an article on my minor participation at OFest this year.  http://www.bmw2002faq.com/_/events/bmwcca-ofest-2014-a-faqer-field-report-r142

Edited by visionaut
added article link

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Rats.... New guy to Denver here.... I just moved about two months ago from KC. Am driving my 02 back to Littleton Saturday the 28th. I am wondering if there is a 02 Club in Denver, that is seperate from the BMW club? Something for us older Roundel cars? Do you folks have any other events lined up? Would love to rally up with some Denver area folks, will need a good Weber person to help me Altitude adjust.... 

Please post if there is any other gatherings coming up soon!

Thanks!

Talking to some friends, we are thinking about planning a BMW get together in Castle Rock July 13th at 11am. Any thoughts about this?

If you guys are game, lets make it happen!

I like the older models and don't drive a 02 anymore, but can definitely appreciate them. I try to get 1990 and older to show if possible.

9fw20l.jpg

July meet is all set up - in Castle Rock!  I hope you all can join us. Should be a great time with good people, and as many BMW's as we can wrangle up...

What:
Meet up, see BMW's and BMW enthusiasts for a great weekend gathering in Castle Rock, CO. For any confusion this isn't the actual D4C event or caravan, this is simply just a pre-bash to get everyone hyped up for the event August 1st.

10352264_10152994050409126_2528063799145

Facebook Event Page here.

This is simply a "Pre Bash" of the upcoming D4C event on August 1st. 
www.drive4corners.com

When:
Sunday July 13th, 2014. 11:00am

Where:
Castle Rock Fair Grounds
500 Fairgrounds Rd. Castle Rock, CO 80104

Lot#1
10497899_10152994054084126_4174957522542

Hope you all can join us for a great BMW gathering. I'll see about trying to get a tent so we don't roast out in the sun!
Edited by littleguyschultz
9fw20l.jpg

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors