• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How 'bout A Gtg Sometime This Month?

visionaut

Tom,

Thanks for the registration heads up. What was I thinking! Probably have to park on the street, though I'm sure there's a fee for that as well. Seriously, if you find that we could possibly all park together, let me know. I think there is a base registration fee that is fairly reasonable.

Art - the OFest registration was $50 up until 4/30, after that $100 (not reasonable now IMO).  No fee for street parking in Eagle - might be a lot fee for non-registered folks in BC for the Concours tho'  ;-(

Gary - no problem, the 'real' 02 meet will be a bit later.  Just a few of us likely to make it out to the CCA Burger event this Sat in Centennial.  Congrats to your son!

Tom - sounds good.  See ya there...

---

So as far as a May GTG - it's possible 5/31 might work? (minus Cal), else we're into June.  Though I could go for more than one myself :D.  If it'll be in June then it's likely best AFTER Ofest (no stated conflicts to-date after that).  So, just throwing a date out there to stimulate discussion.  How's Saturday, June 28th sound?  Location still TBD...

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

Hey Ben - didn't see you there?.  I got there around 1:30 when it was supposed to start.  I saw/met a few others - Landon (with his nice Polaris he drove across state!) and Aaron (who had his gorgeous Hennarot M6 out).  Met a bunch of new folks, and a couple old ones too.  The sunny/scattered cloudy weather held off any storms, so it was a nice afternoon meet-up - with a much better turnout (~20 cars?) than I've seen at these in the past.

Switching topics back to our own GTG - so no one likes either of the dates I threw out, or you're thinking about it, (or haven't seen/considered 'em yet)?

Tom

Yeah, Cal - I hear ya.  I've been waiting to see some responses and input from the group...  But it's pretty much crickets :rolleyes:

I'm leaning towards the later date I proposed, myself - it'll give folks more time to a) hear about it (only 1/2 of our group has even 'read' the PM that I sent out or knows we're discussing a GTG), and B) to clear our calendars, plan and/or prep for the event.  It also gives us more time to pick a nice location, and discuss if we'd like to do anything 'around' the meet-up (like perhaps a DRIVE).

Heck - maybe we should try for 2 meets - on BOTH dates (esp. now you can make the May one).  I'm always willing...

I'll post up my location recommendations in the new few days.  (As always, everyone's input appreciated too.)

Tom

Tom,

One more wee idea...  I suggest that there be a out-of-your-trunk-only "swap meet" at the GTG.  At most venues, we'd not be allowed to set up shop with tables, blankets on the ground, etc., and the main purpose is just to get together,  but looking in the trunk certainly is allowed in any parking lot.  Encourage people to bring their nicest surplus bits and look for what they need from others.

OK, Folks - here's the scoop.  ;)

First off, there will NOT be any 2002's Meet this coming weekend, on my originally proposed 5/31 May GTG date.  It turns out it won't work for me now after all, and it's also now too soon upon us to pull together any prep or planning.

We WILL be holding our official First FAQ Rocky Mountain 2002ers Meet in mid-late June.  I've looked into and selected 2 proposed dates/locations.  [Yeah, I know, I know.  I was looking to make the 'command decision' as was suggested, and just pick one date, but I felt it was important to get a feel from potential participants as to a Saturday versus Sunday event.  Oh well...]

The first choice below to get 6 or more first-preference votes will be the selected date & location for the event.

Our event WILL include a 2002 Trunk Swap activity - where you can bring along misc 'smaller' 02 related parts or other items you might like to barter/trade/sell out of your trunk, amongst the GTG attendees!

Choice #1:  Sunday June 22nd, 1:00pm at Red Rocks Park, in Morrison, CO.

We'd meet and congregate at the wonderful Red Rocks Trading Post parking area, which is located mid-way up into the Park, just below the Concert Amphitheater.  The park does NOT have a concert that date (it does on the original 6/28 date I mentioned).  The Trading Post should be open, giving us a nice, cozy casual option for some food/refreshments while we hang out.  Afterwards, we can head along to up-top of the Amphitheater, for some photo-ops by the roadway Arch there, and other scenic vistas.

A possible Group Drive option afterwards would be to head up Hwy 74 to reconnoiter in Evergreen, CO.

Choice #1 Map -- http://redrocksonline.com/images/wygwam/Will_Call_Road_Map.jpg

Choice #2: Saturday June 28th, 1:00pm at Parfet Park in Golden, CO.

We'd meet and congregate in a parking area alongside beautiful Parfet Park in downtown Golden, CO, roughly located at 1040 Jackson St., at the corner of Jackson and 10th St. (this is 1/2 block off the start of the 'main' drag in downtown Golden, Washington Ave. -  and just a short walk for any food/refreshments.)  There's a few photo ops nearby, incl. a possible cruise through the Washington Ave 'Welcome to Golden' archway sign.

A possible Group Drive option afterwards would be to head up Lookout Mountain Road to reconnoiter near Buffalo Bill Cody's grave.

Choice #2 Map -- https://maps.google.com/maps?q=1040+Jackson+Street,+Golden,+CO&hl=en&ll=39.758358,-105.222051&spn=0.011167,0.01869&sll=39.764339,-104.855111&sspn=0.357328,0.598068&oq=1040+Jackson+St&hnear=1040+Jackson+St,+Golden,+Colorado+80401&t=m&z=16

So there you have it -- please select either Choice #1 or Choice #2 (as your 1st preference) via a reply to this thread BELOW.

BTW, I'm also hoping that whichever date wins, even if it wasn't everyone's first choice, that they can try to make it out anyway!

Regards,

Tom

ps: my own 1st Preference is Choice #1, but I could also make the other one.  :P

pps: also be forewarned, I will likely send this vote out to the whole Group, via PM invite (and thus another email notice) --  just to see if might lure anyone else to join in (some haven't even read the PM invite thread yet).

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors