Nesset127

Any Meet Up/drives This Summer?

27 posts / 2190 viewsLast Reply

So. I was wondering is there any drives or meet's this summer anyone has planned. I heard about some Leavenworth drive a while back but there was not much info.

-Nesset 

There will be. Usually one in the summer to somewhere. Just depends on when. Usually theyre mid to late August. I know we've had a meet in April before. My 02 is still in pieces. I'm waiting on a cam gear to be not on back order and some other parts... Soon as I get those it's gonna be back together we go!

Burgers and BMWs at the XXX. I think the date is June 1.

Please tell me more about this.  Where is the XXX, and what time? 

For sure?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul,

The Puget Sound Region of the BMW CCA will have more details, but they have an annual event at the XXX Drive-In in Issaquah. My tip for you would come into town the night before since parking spots at the XXX fill up. It is open to every BMW regardless of age, so it turns into somewhat of a modern car event, but there are always some older cars as well. 

This year's show is June 1. I am always 50/50 on going before the event, but I usually pop in for a little while. 

Another event that you might be interested in is the annual Concours. It's in Renton in Cedar River Park. This park is about a 10 minute walk from my current home (although I am moving further away). Details also at the Puget Sound CCA website.

thanks guys,

I'm keen, but family life dictates so it will probably be spur of the moment to drive down.

I'm definitely going to the Historics July4, and would love to hit the highway sooner.

The tii is running really nice now and it just wants to GO.  So do I!

Cheers,

Paul

Any one going to the XXX Rootbeer burgers and BMW's? I plan on going. I already told my parents and my mom said "Good luck" lol. Hopefully if something breaks, its within 10 miles of my house....

I'll be there. And dont worry, if something breaks there I travel with tools and have a parts hoard within about 15 minutes of XXX... You outta be fine though. My reasoning: I pulled my 02 out a a garage where it sat for 20 years, rebuilt the carb, changed fuel lines and oil, air'd up the 20 y/o tires and drove it from Issaquah to Everett and back with NO issues. So you should be fine :)

I like to think I have nothing left to fix.  I kid myself all the time.

I'm just waiting for one of the fixes I did 20 years ago to fail again.

Ah the joys of driving a 40ish year old car.

I won't leave the country without a certain amount of tools and spares.

Hey everyone I started driving my 02 in December and I would love to do some stuff with the fellow community this summer is there anything besides the Leavenworth drive planned? 

Hey everyone I started driving my 02 in December and I would love to do some stuff with the fellow community this summer is there anything besides the Leavenworth drive planned? 

We're sorta short notice on the planning round here... Leavenworth is a lot bigger get together than just 02's. There will be a summer 02 drive of some sorts this summer, usually August/September.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.