Sign in to follow this  
pklym

Multi-Month Car Storage Dc/nova/md Area

3 posts / 554 viewsLast Reply

This summer I am moving from DC back across the country to the PNW (law school is almost over). My tentative plan is to fly with most my stuff (and cats) to the west coast, study for the bar, take the bar, and then fly back out to DC to pick up my car and a few things before driving (hopefully leisurely) back out west. Although this is not the most straightforward method of moving, it seems to make the most sens for us.

Because I will be gone from approximately May 29 until the first week in August--and I certainly will not be continuing to pay my outrageous rent on my place just to continue my parking spot-- I am looking for advice on places in the area to store my car for the summer.

Has anyone used any long-term car storage? Any suggestions? Any reputable member on here have some spare room at their place and want to make a few hundred bucks for nothing?

If I end up at a storage place (I've heard that many won't let you park cars in the units?) I definitely want a closed/locked spot, but I am not stuck up on that if its at a private location (so long as it is not under a weak-tree that will come down in the next derecho).

Thanks!

Peter

I'm about an hour and a half from Dulles near Harrisonburg VA, car is more than welcome to hang out here for a few months if you need a spot

I'm about an hour and a half from Dulles near Harrisonburg VA, car is more than welcome to hang out here for a few months if you need a spot

Thanks for the generosity, I think Harrisonburg is too far away to be practicable though. 

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.