Gordon

Somebody Should Save These Ca 02's

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Not mine, no affiliation, etc...

A lot of discussion on this forum lately about rusty 02's. By the looks of these pics, these 02's (to include a tii) may be great candidates for swapping all the components from your rusty 02 into one of these California 02's. Your pocketbook will thank you after all swap is complete. Yea it's expensive to ship a car but have you priced 02 body restoration lately. Somebody in south bay needs to check these 02's out and report back.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/4404127735.html

G-Man

Gordon, This is California; These things are everywhere! It's like going to a orphanage, they are all so cute. Which one do you bring home. All you need is money.

post-38767-0-68285200-1396481608_thumb.j

post-38767-0-49949800-1396481697_thumb.j

post-38767-0-57224900-1396482111_thumb.j

Least we be mindful that the seller likely thinks he is sitting on his kids college / retirement fund. Like so many delusional types in the Bay Area, his prices will be close to what it would cost to buy that wanted part new. Any NLA stuff will likely be garbage given the condition of the indoor climate controlled barn storage environment they have bathed in for the last 20 years or so.

But what do I know?

There are better deals out there. But if you can get these for cheap, why not?

Im about 99% sure these cars ended up at Coupeking in Long Beach. He posted them on his Instagram account a day or two ago.

Im about 99% sure these cars ended up at Coupeking in Long Beach. He posted them on his Instagram account a day or two ago.

I picked up a perfect hood and a great nose clip from this same seller and he said the rest of the car/s went to southern CA.

Coupeking makes sense.

looks like expensive scrap metal

And, it was the cheapest scrap metal I've found thus far! Score… Can't wait to get going on replacing the nose hood and fender this summer. Thanks to Gordon to sharing that posting, I sort of gave up hope on finding all the necessary parts for a palatable price.