PaulTWinterton

Sortof Ot. Bmw Cs Vintage Concept

11 posts / 733 viewsLast Reply

Best we've seen from BMW lately because of it's simplicity.

But, a little too 2014 Charger/Challenger/Camaro-ish with the high waistline and giant wheels.   More greenhouse please !

not bad.....has potential..but that nose is a fail ...IMO..needs more grill, more openness

I agree...needs larger diameter (and fully round) headlights--or optionally rectangular ones like the Euro 2000CS coupe--and a taller, more narrow grille.

mike

Interesting.  The front end is distinctive.  I agree about the need for more glass.  The original was long and sleek; this one is a bit too squat and fat looking, like the 1-series.  Ideally, it would be a little more angular, with the subtle flaring on the hood of the E9 or the '02.

Of course, I'd just like to see them just reissue the original, sans rust.

I like the interior, except that they forgot the gear lever and the clutch.:)

It sucks that cars today have to have the high waistline because of safety, etc. The era of the large greenhouse is largely gone.

But, that's not a bad effort. It's certainly reminiscent of the original, in the manner of the Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. 

I really liked it until I saw that front end! 

(edited)

That is one of the ugliest things I've seen in quite some time! It looks like they stole an old concept mark up from KIA. Crossed that with a Cadillac Catera and served it with a side of old school USSR design theory. I can't find one redeeming detail on that thing. (And to think Chris Bangle used to catch flack!)

Wow!

Edited by emmodg