eurotrash

New Wheel From Rota Needs Motivation For Et25/57.1 !!

193 posts / 22123 viewsLast Reply

BTW: Eurotrash your in Cinci I'm here in Indiana near Indy. If your ever over this way let me know you can check em out.

I'm in Indy - are you in Columbus?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it crazy to think that these wheels could be machined maybe 5-6 mm off the hub. Professionally machined of course.

I think it would be a tough decision to get some machine work done one rota wheels, but since they've been custom ordered and you like the style then why not..maybe look around to see who can shave off some of the inner wheel but I couldn't tell you if that would affect the integrity of the wheel or if it will stay balanced..but if it can be done professionally then they could probably be precise.

Or you can join me on going with some flares 

If they are et25, with the recommended 195/50s, you shouldn't poke at all in the front.  If take a wheel off and measure, you should have about 4.5" of offset from the mounting face to the wheel edge..  I know there was a 15x7 et20 out there, and I think it had a larger center bore.  I hope that isn't what you ended up with.. 

Yes, those are silver with polished lip. ET25. I am struggling with the offset on the front. I wish it were tucked in a little more. I have offset camber plates too. Maybe 6-10mm more. I posted a thread awhile back about the perfect offset for our cars using 15 x 7 wheels and the consensus was ET25.

Is it crazy to think that these wheels could be machined maybe 5-6 mm off the hub. Professionally machined of course.

John

BTW: Eurotrash your in Cinci I'm here in Indiana near Indy. If your ever over this way let me know you can check em out.

I will take a pic this weekend of the front. I will also measure as specified by Eurotrash. But Im really damn sure I got ET25.

Yes, Im running 195 x 50 Yokos

Yes, Im in Columbus Indiana

I love those small Alpina flares. I may consider to do that on my car.

Where did you get your flares?

I love those small Alpina flares. I may consider to do that on my car.

Where did you get your flares?

I got lucky that a guy here on the faq bought a set a while back and never put them on. They are NLA from a guy who replicated them here, don't think he's making them anymore. You could do the modified vw rabbit flares which look similar but that's a whole different topic. The rabbit flares done right look great in my opinion.

Just placed my order with Jenny for a set earlier today, factory is not in business during December or something like that so I should see my wheels in late February to March. 

So what did you pay out the door for your wheels? With tax included and shipping

On 9/5/2015 at 5:13 PM, jso5000 said:

Thanks - Those pics were taken when I just installed new H&R Sport springs and Billy Sport shocks.

I thought the same thing - I wanted a little more drop,

I hoped that the suspension might settle in a little. Here  are some pics taken today.

post-45497-0-58408100-1441498391_thumb.j

post-45497-0-05006000-1441498412_thumb.j

It turns out that I had seen the Rota Mesh and RB wheels for sale on Amazon, but didn't have A) pictures of a 2002 with the Rota mesh wheels, and B ) any idea of whether or not "18racing" was a reputable seller there.  After some strangely difficult Googling I found this thread, saw the positive reference to 18Racing and decided to plunk down on them.  I live in the PNW and need better all season and wet weather traction, so I think I'm going to go with Continental Pro Contact 195 50 15s rather than a stickier summer tire.  

Thanks to jso5000 for posting pictures!  I'll share pics of mine next week.  

I really like the wheels, but really wish I had gotten ET30 or even 35.  After lots of searching and asking people, everyone said that ET25 is perfect for 7x15 wheel so that is what I went with.

Well, mine seem to stick out in front a bit more than I would like even with IE offset camber plates.

Just my 02 cents worth. Not trying to start an ET discussion but I recall reading that the best offset for 15 x 6 1/2 wheels was ET33.

Good luck

JSO5000

(edited)
On 10/7/2018 at 3:42 PM, kidc said:

Hey @wheelieking, did you ever receive these from Amazon? And how do they look?! Would love to see photos! 

Interested in a set of these myself!

I did!  They're awesome!!  Here are a few pics with Continental Pro Contact 195 50 15s  Zero spacers and 100% stock suspension.  The only thing I need to figure out is how to replace the ROTA center caps with BMW ones.  I haven't even tried to look into that yet.  

Next up this winter are coil overs, bushings, sway bars and breaks.

IMG_5183.thumb.JPG.461cfdf4189cb7e7cd114865a3caf260.JPG1892919624_IMG_48172.thumb.JPG.4cb0b84b908d0b7ce1e020542aea3365.JPG

IMG_8934.thumb.JPG.54dbc60461121e65ba24fe34fc32c9ee.JPG

Edited by wheelieking