eurotrash

New Wheel From Rota Needs Motivation For Et25/57.1 !!

193 posts / 21628 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

These wheels released from Rota mid-year in 2013, I believe.  They list et25, but as of yet this offset isn't in production.  I spoke to the folks at 18Racing, and for now its custom order only.  But if they order one set, they order several.  I think we all know that a cost effective and handsome mesh wheel is needed for the 2002 market.  You can find 15x8 et20 and 15x7 et35, but not with a 57.1 center bore.  I can custom order a set and get the et25 and a CB at 57.1, but I think that the (unstanced) e30 and 2002 scene aren't really aware of them, and could tip the scales if word got out. 

4x100 15x7 57.1 et25 are 650$ a set custom ordered.  5 sets or more would get the cost down to $600.

I think Rota nailed the design. Although a true two piece would be sweet..  I know its a knock off, but Rota has been good to us in the past with the RB and the R20.. 

What do you guys think? Would you buy?

os.jpg

Edited by eurotrash

You'll love those until you have to clean them.

pretty nice, they look like a cross between epsilon's and SSR reverse mesh.

I was thinking about these guys here : made by SSR, custom order very pricey but available in a wide range of offsets. Made to order.

post-38412-0-48579600-1395861376_thumb.j

post-38412-0-20300800-1395861451_thumb.j

I would consider it.  I have been thinking a black centered mesh.

I sent the link to 18Racing, as soon as I posted this.. so they could see our fervor.  Guess I should have mentioned that!  Lotso' views, not as many comments!

Generally speaking this forum gets "Lotso" views so I am not surprised.  Its early yet.  I think the fervor is coming.

Blech.

(well, you asked...)

t